Question Create bootable partition on pendrive

manasan3010

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
I have a 64 gb pendrive. I created two partitions with 32gb each. I am planning to use the first partition as bootable windows 10 iso and second as storage medium. Is this possible. I tried this with unetbootin but the PC couldn't boot into the USB.

Update 1: I successfully made a partition bootable and another stored files using YUMI but the issue now is the bootloader is getting to the installation of Windows 10 without showing the Repair or Install selection menu

Last edited:
You don't need to have two partitions.
You can make a bootable windows 10 installation media and the rest of the drive will just be available to you to do what you want,create folders and store whatever you want.
Some pendrives are not bootable from the factory so you will have to treat it like any other disk, run a partition manager and make the USB partition primary and bootable.

Get the official Windows media creation tool from microsoft, nothing like the original.

manasan3010

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
When I tried to store files on a bootable windows USB. USB becomes unbootable.

Update 1: I successfully made a partition bootable and another stored files using YUMI but the issue now is the bootloader is getting to the installation of Windows 10 without showing the Repair or Install selection menu