[SOLVED] Creating a .bat File Which Executes A Command After a Program Closes?

Yorkiesworld

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
Hi there everyone,

I've been suffering with a well-known issue with Adobe Premiere Pro which causes its process to remain open in task manager after exiting the software, and forcing me to need to end the process manually.

Adobe have been asked numerous times by multiple communities but a fix has so far not been found.

Ideally, I'd like to have a .bat file which will execute Premiere Pro, and then wait until it closes, and then kill the process once it has been closed.

This would mean I don't keep having to end the process manually every time I exit in order to be able to re-open Premiere Pro later on.

Can anyone help me with the correct terminology to use in the bat file to make this happen?

Thanks in advance!

You'll need 2 program to run. One before you invoke Premiere Pro and one after. The first is START which ill run Premiere Pro and wait for it to terminate and TASKKILL to terminate whatever it leaves in memory. You can see the command line parameters of either one by typing the command name followed by "/?" (no quotes).

If Premiere Pro never actually terminates this won't work because you'll never get to the line in the batch file that invokes TASKKILL. In that case you can just switch users picking the same user as you are logged in as and re-entering your password.

Yorkiesworld

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your replies, however I've now managed to create a bat file which works as intended.

For those of you who might also have this issue with Premiere Pro, I achieved this by creating a bat file which, when clicked, will look for, and terminate any existing Premiere Pro.exe application, and then start a shortcut to Premiere Pro which I have saved in my DATA Drive as "APP.exe"

This means that each time I click the bat file, it will terminate the previous session's EXE instance if one exists, and then simply start Premiere Pro as usual.

The bat file looks like this:

taskkill /F /IM "Adobe Premiere Pro.exe" /T
START D:\APP

I then replaced my normal desktop shortcut to Premiere Pro with the bat file so that it works every time.

Thanks again everyone!

TRENDING THREADS