Creating new networks on its own.

benziehd

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
Hello,
My computer keeps on making its own networks on my computer when I go onto task manager and look at my performance it has several parts showing 'Ethernet' then 'not connected'. Once I enter my network adapters it have a lot of parts saying 'TAP-Win32 Adapter OAS or V9' they slow down my internet till it drops so I have to keep on uninstalling them one by one.
I got told by Sky that it was because of my VPN but I have disabled that and got rid of any trace of having it but it still does it.
I hop you can find out my problem and thank you in advance:)

Solution
*The only use I know of for a TAP adapter is for a VPN.
*Extra network connections won't slow your internet.
I don't know who Sky is, but they are right. You are having problems with your VPN. Obviously there are still significant traces on your computer.
*The only use I know of for a TAP adapter is for a VPN.
*Extra network connections won't slow your internet.
I don't know who Sky is, but they are right. You are having problems with your VPN. Obviously there are still significant traces on your computer.

Solution

benziehd

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014

My hard drive got corrupt the other day so I had to reinstall my windows which meant I had to reformat my HDD so I can't see any trace of my VPN being still active. Sky is my provider I did not know if it had anything to do with the problem. If I have loads of Ethernets on my task manager it will slow my internet down to near to useless and when i'm on my game online my ping is at 999.

Something just doesn't add up. A TAP adapter is not a physical device and windows won't ever automatically install one. If you did a clean install, then windows will only have physical interfaces. You must have software installed that is adding these interfaces. If you didn't install it then someone else did.