Question Creative Cloud desktop app won't open Windows 10

PeppermintFangs

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015
When I attempt to open the Creative Cloud app, it seems to launch but never opens. I can see it running in Task Manager but it doesn't pop up on the toolbar or in the "hidden icons" menu.

I've tried the following solutions:
  1. Closed the app through Task Manager.
  2. Re-opened as administrator.
  3. Restarted my computer.
  4. Uninstalled, then reinstalled Creative Cloud
  5. Updated Windows
  6. Downloaded the latest Visual C++ Redistributable
  7. Tried opening "Creative Cloud Helper" to repair it in the Program Files (it also won't open)

The Adobe apps (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc...) all open normally. However, I can't update or uninstall anything without access to the Creative Cloud app. Let me know if there are any steps I'm missing. Thanks in advance!

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Sort of a stretch.....

I use Adobe Pro DLC but always uninstall the Creative Cloud aspect of that as I don't need the collaborative features. The license for it will only work on two machines at the same time. If I try to install on another machine I get an issue very similar to what you are discussing, and I have to go to Adobe online and pick which two machines it is to work on. Obviously don't know if you are working with this program on more than the one, but was worth throwing out there.

Ralston18

Titan
"Uninstalled, then reinstalled Creative Cloud "

= = = =

And I will ask where did you get / source the Creative Cloud app? URL? Website?

If Creative Cloud is running (per Task Manager) and appears to be doing nothing then I would stop Creative Cloud immediately.

Ensure that Creative Cloud is prevented from launching via Task Manager > Startup or possibly Task Scheduler.

Also look in Process Explorer (Microsoft, free):

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Any Creative Cloud references there?

TRENDING THREADS