[SOLVED] Creative Katana V2/V2X connection to Sound Blaster Z

Swiftbasic1978

Prominent
Sep 18, 2021
Hello,

What is the best connection choice for Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2/V2X with Sound Balster Z?

As I understand, I have optical or USB C options only.

I play games and DO not use the headphones.

So what is the best choice in terms of quality?

If I go thru USB C than probably, I don't need my Sound Blaster Z and can throw it away?

Correct?

Last edited:
Solution
The motherboard's onboard audio chip is an ALC897, the SoundBlaster Z you have is better in that regards. You can use the analog input on the soundbar to connect to the soundcard. If you connect using the optical output from the soundcard though in totality, you have 3 connectivity options, Optical, USB and 3.5mm analog. In those 3 options, the USB option won't take advantage of your sound card.

Swiftbasic1978

Prominent
Sep 18, 2021
Asus prime z590p. but what difference make my mother board?
Yes, katanas v2 and v2x have the same inputs. I will buy one them next week.
Since katanas technically are equal, the only question for me what will be the optimal connection for me since I have a sound blaster z. Optical or usb c and what is difference quality and options wise? Pls suggest.

Lutfij

Titan
The motherboard's onboard audio chip is an ALC897, the SoundBlaster Z you have is better in that regards. You can use the analog input on the soundbar to connect to the soundcard. If you connect using the optical output from the soundcard though in totality, you have 3 connectivity options, Optical, USB and 3.5mm analog. In those 3 options, the USB option won't take advantage of your sound card.

Solution

Swiftbasic1978

Prominent
Sep 18, 2021
Thanks, so it better to connect thru optical interface? USB C connection for audio is always worse?