Credit card fraud help.

indiangummy

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
Hi guys, i dont know if this is the right place to ask but i need some guidence. Recently someone made $2000 worth of fraudulanet charges on my credit card. There were 4 charges total each about $500. Two charges on one day and the ohter teo on the next day. I noticed two days later ( i know i should have set up alerts) and called my bank (bank of america). They have witheld the charges until the investigation is complete. The four charges were all made at pilot gas station and it should also be noted that i had my credit card the whole time, i did not lose it which is why I didn't bother checking my acc of charges. So im reading online a lot that Bank of America rarely ever sides with the customres in cases like these. I was wondeing if you guys have had different experinces or have any advice in what i should? If i should talk to a lawyer or not? Also on the same days of the charges i got gas on the same credit card and can prove that. I dont know what to do. I feel as though my hands are tied and have to wait untli the bank finishes its investigation.
I would appreciate any advice, thabks in advance.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Well, I assume you've had the bank put a lock on the account so it cannot be used any further. If not, do that the first thing Monday morning. Find out where the fraudulent purchases where made (city and state) and then prove to the bank that:

1) You have not lost the card.
2) You used that card for a purchase locally.
3) You were nowhere close to where the fraudulent purchases were made.

While not a Bank of America customer, I have had my card information stolen (and yes, I did have alerts set up). Once I was alerted, I contacted my bank and put a lock on the account. I then went to my bank to file a claim against the fraudulent purchases (two states away). They then provided me with a temporary card and recredited my account that, pending the results of their findings. Once I was cleared, everything went back to normal and they issued me a new card.

-Wolf sends

indiangummy

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
Okay did not mean to pick that as the answer. I cancled my card and my new one is ine he way. i explained the situation to the bank via a phone. So i will go in personaly on monday and prove my case. That helps a lot thank man.