[SOLVED] critical error called Kernel-power 41(63) Power supply change?

Ghost8999

Prominent
May 12, 2020
Hi There, my Pc keeping freezing while play a game after 10 mins or so

I have checked in the event viewer and i have a critical error which is Kernel-Power 41(63)

I have been done so many troubleshoots and in the end nothing worked

I am just wondering if do i need to change the power supply? are you able to help me ?

My pc specs are: Amd Reyzen 5 3600
Gtx 2070super
16GB ram 2666 Ghz
power supply 650w 80+ silver

if do I need to change the power supply can upgrade to a 750w or a 850w?

thank you

Solution
I did have a few Malware that I quarantine them with Malwarebyte and on SFC/Scannow pc fixed few things.

Before and go ahead and buy a new powersupply what kind of stress test do I need to use and what numbers do i need to look for ?

Thank you for your help

The best stress tester is AIDA64, It's free for a month and you can test your CPU, GPU, RAM and Disk. In conjunction with HWinfo64 you will be able to check the Rail voltages of your PSU which should be within +- 5% when under load.

The tjmax of your processor is 95C before the system would shut down however its best to keep temps below 80C for longevity.

Test with AIDA64 for 20mins and stop testing if temps reach 80C. Take screen shots at the 20min mark if you wish...
Hi Ghost8999 (y) and Welcome to the Forum :D

Kernel-Power 41(63) is a critical error indicator that your system was not shut down correctly and not much help in trouble shooting as shut downs can be triggered by a number of causes. Shutdowns can be caused by a faulty PSU, bad drivers, malware or overheating sometimes due to a build up of dust inside the case.

Swap out the PSU with a same or higher Wattage unit that's known to work.
Stress test your system and check your thermals.
Update your drivers and run your Malware checker.

Last edited:

Ghost8999

Prominent
May 12, 2020
I did have a few Malware that I quarantine them with Malwarebyte and on SFC/Scannow pc fixed few things.

Before and go ahead and buy a new powersupply what kind of stress test do I need to use and what numbers do i need to look for ?

Thank you for your help

Thank you for your help

The best stress tester is AIDA64, It's free for a month and you can test your CPU, GPU, RAM and Disk. In conjunction with HWinfo64 you will be able to check the Rail voltages of your PSU which should be within +- 5% when under load.

The tjmax of your processor is 95C before the system would shut down however its best to keep temps below 80C for longevity.

Test with AIDA64 for 20mins and stop testing if temps reach 80C. Take screen shots at the 20min mark if you wish for an analysis. Upload images to IMGUR and obtain the bburl as a link to here.
Initially select the stress test from the Tools menu then check the boxes for CPU, FPU and Cache to check your thermals.

HWinfo64 will indicate decent Voltages on all rails if the PSU is functioning within spec when under load.

Please report back and/or if there is any confusion.

Solution