[SOLVED] Critical error: Kernel Power event id 41 (63)

Apr 19, 2021
My pc has been built in Nov 2020, it was working all fine until 2 months ago. The pc started rebooting itself and not showing any BSODs of any sorts. This rebooting has a weird behaviour as in doing it every monday, but then it will work fine for the rest of the week until it's monday again. I have tried reinstalling drivers and updating bios, even tried an OCCT test for an hour and it worked fine. It happens when idle or when trying to browse the web. I don't believe it's a hardware problem? because right now I am typing in safe mode without any problems - longest time I've been able to do something without it rebooting.
PC specs:
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix Asus B450-F
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
CPU-Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Black edition
RAM: Crucial Ballistixs RGB 3200MHz 8x2GB
GPU: Gigabyte 1660 Super 6GB
Storage: Western Digital Nand Internal M.2 SATA 500GB - Blue
PSU: Coolermaster MWE 500w 80+ White
Case: Phanteks p300a

Kernel power error I get in event viewer:

<Event xmlns=" ">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>8</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-04-26T20:55:52.1982894Z" />

<EventRecordID>802011</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-KBSU29J</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>

<Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Solution
41 (63) is a reaction, not a cause. Your pc restarted and on startup, windows runs a report and it created that event to show it restarted unexepectedly

If there are no other events around time mentioning whea logger than its possible windows doesn't know why it restarted

This rebooting has a weird behaviour as in doing it every monday, but then it will work fine for the rest of the week until it's monday again
have you tried looking in scheduled Tasks and see if one runs on a Monday, or perhaps Sunday since it happens at boot next day.

try turning fast startup off, I doubt its a driver but you don't need it on with a n nvme - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html
it could...
Apr 19, 2021
I also remember that one time when my pc suddenly started acting weird as in: white files and an unresponsive system - basically what people see as deleting system32. But it has only happened once, so I'm not sure if this is linked to the Kernel Power problem. This is what I got back then Ntfs(Ntfs) event id 55:

<Event xmlns=" ">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Ntfs" Guid="{dd70bc80-ef44-421b-8ac3-cd31da613a4e}" />

<EventID>55</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-03-18T22:14:51.6774557Z" />

<EventRecordID>785489</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="5428" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-KBSU29J</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="DriveName">E:</Data>

<Data Name="DeviceName">\Device\HarddiskVolume7</Data>

<Data Name="CorruptionState">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="HeaderFlags">0x922</Data>

<Data Name="Severity">Critical</Data>

<Data Name="Origin">File System Driver</Data>

<Data Name="Verb">Force Proactive Scan</Data>

<Data Name="Description">The exact nature of the corruption is unknown. The file system structures need to be scanned online.</Data>

<Data Name="Signature">0xe2b3f0fb</Data>

<Data Name="Outcome">Pseudo Verb</Data>

<Data Name="SampleLength">0</Data>

<Data Name="SampleData" />

<Data Name="SourceFile">0x17</Data>

<Data Name="SourceLine">227</Data>

<Data Name="SourceTag">137</Data>

<Data Name="AdditionalInfo">0x10000000</Data>

<Data Name="CallStack">Ntfs+0x1c411e, Ntfs+0xdd62d, Ntfs+0x121509, Ntfs+0x190315, Ntfs+0x19528c, Ntfs+0x151f23, Ntfs+0x25da4, ntoskrnl+0x225975, ntoskrnl+0x317e85, ntoskrnl+0x3fd2a8</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

After I rebooted the pc and scanned for corrupted files that error went away, but the kernel power problem persists.

Colif

Win 11 Master
41 (63) is a reaction, not a cause. Your pc restarted and on startup, windows runs a report and it created that event to show it restarted unexepectedly

If there are no other events around time mentioning whea logger than its possible windows doesn't know why it restarted

This rebooting has a weird behaviour as in doing it every monday, but then it will work fine for the rest of the week until it's monday again
have you tried looking in scheduled Tasks and see if one runs on a Monday, or perhaps Sunday since it happens at boot next day.

try turning fast startup off, I doubt its a driver but you don't need it on with a n nvme - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html
it could help

try updating chipset drivers? https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

Solution