Critical stop sound always plays at shutdown

kaoruslp

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
So every time I shut down my computer, the shut down spinning dots screen comes up and ends with the windows Critical stop jingle. I went into event viewer and I had couple error messages such as

"The Sync Host_669f7 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service."

and

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

I looked around online and found fixes to these errors.

Now the only thing I get is a warning "The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0." (Event ID 219). I have a Maximus VII hero.

Yet it still jingles the Critical stop sound every time I shut down the computer. I don't know what else to do at this point. I'm very tempted to just turn off the sound completely in the sound setting, but I want to know what exactly is wrong/what is causing it to do this. Could it just be a windows 10 bug?

Lutfij

Titan
When we're dealing with a driver issue its best you first perform a BIOS update(if there are any) or downgrade your BIOS by a notch or two. The next order of business is to see if all your drivers are up to date(namely your chipset, INF and ME). Could you please pass on your full systems specs?

Is it also possible to state if your installation of Windows 10 is based off the free upgrade path or a activation/licence key?