Question Crosshair Viii hero (non-wifi version) broken or glitchy, i dunno PLEASE HELP

AKKIZEN

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
To continue my Crosshair Viii hero (non-wifi version) problems

Problems :
1.After changed bios setting and exit then get stuck in black screen.
2.Win 10 restart button doesn't work well.
3.After downloaded ROG utilities - Gamefirst V, it killed my windows (no network or win 10 went glitchy).
4.When i start to play steam games, Corsair iCUE always died, keyboard + mouse lighting freeze and also my VOID Pro RGB Wireless's Microphone doesn't work anymore unless i need to restart pc.
5.Phantek Evolv x's RGB light bar freeze when enter into windows 10
6.I tried reinstall my windows 10 for 3 times it doesn't solve any problems
---
After a long time (changed rams, tookto repair and bought a new ssd)I finally found out that these ROG utilities crash or sth else to make my win10 doesn't run well so i didn't download these utilities but the mobo seems doesn't work well, When i'm try to restart my pc by click restart button in win10, it did shut down the windows but not restart the pc and it's still turning on, Also sometimes i changed bios setting and exit the bios then it get stuck in black screen but my pc is running. So is it my mobo fault or something else ? I'm very confused on it, Please somebody can give me the answer !

Last edited:

AKKIZEN

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
latest bios?
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM : ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D60G - AX4U320038G16-DT60
MB : ASUS ROG Crosshair viii hero (non-wifi)
GPU : GeForce GTX 1050 Ti MSI AERO ITX 4G
PSU : NZXT E850
SSD : Corsair MP600 1TB
HDD : TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 + TOSHIBA DT01ACA200
CASE : Phantek Evolv X
All-in-One CPU Liquid Cooler : Hydro Serie H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
---
On bios 1302 version, i guess it's latest bios
and no overclock the cpu, ddr4 ram speed set to 3133 mhz also some performance settings are auto like enable auto overclock

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020
What graphics card? I am trying to upgrade my system; after returning 6 freaking mobos due to no post past VGA I talked to an ASUS rep online. He indicated my AMD Radeon 480 was "not compatible" with the 570-e Gaming mobo! I thought as long as it met PCIE/VGA standards it would at least let you post. I am awaiting an ASUS "level 2" contact to see if there is a work around, but looks like I may have to get a more recent video card to upgrade the system. (might get lucky upgrading the Vbios from 480 to 580, but will wait to see what they say first). (one of the mobos did post with it, but during driver installs/reboot it failed to pass vga again, sigh)

AKKIZEN

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
What graphics card? I am trying to upgrade my system; after returning 6 freaking mobos due to no post past VGA I talked to an ASUS rep online. He indicated my AMD Radeon 480 was "not compatible" with the 570-e Gaming mobo! I thought as long as it met PCIE/VGA standards it would at least let you post. I am awaiting an ASUS "level 2" contact to see if there is a work around, but looks like I may have to get a more recent video card to upgrade the system. (might get lucky upgrading the Vbios from 480 to 580, but will wait to see what they say first). (one of the mobos did post with it, but during driver installs/reboot it failed to pass vga again, sigh)
It's GeForce GTX 1050 Ti MSI AERO ITX 4G and i'm using dvi ones to connect my screen