[SOLVED] Crucial Ballistix vs. Kingston HyperX Fury

Warmuro

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2014
Hello, i'm building a PC.

The build is MSI B450 Tomahawk + Ryzen 5 2600.

There are two rams i'm thinking about;

Crucial 8GB Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2666Mhz CL16 1.2V (BLS8G4D26BFSB )

Kingston 8GB HyperX FURY Black DDR4 3200MHz CL18 (HX432C18FB2/8 )

My questions are;
1-) Are they both compatible with my build ?
2-) Which one is faster ?
3-) I'll buy another one for dual channel after i buy my build with one stick of ram. Are they compatible for dual channel ? (2xCrucial or 2xKingston)
4-) Lastly, which one should i buy if we look at overall (warranty, reliability, game performance) ?

Thank you.

Solution
Are they both compatible with my build ?
They should both be compatible. Really DDR4 is DDR4, anything not on a motherboards support list is just that it hasn't been tested more than anything.

Which one is faster ?
The Kingston is faster as it is 3200 over 2666. Also with Ryzen, higher speeds are preferred.
Crucial has lower CAS latency, but speed is more important at this point and you'll find this is probably quite normal with higher speeds.

I'll buy another one for dual channel after i buy my build with one stick of ram.
Just remember mixed RAM modules are not guaranteed compatibility. RAM modules are only guaranteed in the form sold (from the same pack). Even if they are the same make/model/timings, it's...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Are they both compatible with my build ?
They should both be compatible. Really DDR4 is DDR4, anything not on a motherboards support list is just that it hasn't been tested more than anything.

Which one is faster ?
The Kingston is faster as it is 3200 over 2666. Also with Ryzen, higher speeds are preferred.
Crucial has lower CAS latency, but speed is more important at this point and you'll find this is probably quite normal with higher speeds.

I'll buy another one for dual channel after i buy my build with one stick of ram.
Just remember mixed RAM modules are not guaranteed compatibility. RAM modules are only guaranteed in the form sold (from the same pack). Even if they are the same make/model/timings, it's irrelevant. So if you want 16GB of RAM, buy the 2x8GB now, rather than 8GB now and 8GB later, otherwise you could run into conflicts.

Lastly, which one should i buy if we look at overall (warranty, reliability, game performance) ?
I would say both would be the same- both have lifetime warranties, are both are good quality.
Performance wise, you'll want the Kingston, no question, as you have a Ryzen build = higher speeds = better performance.

Solution