Crucial MX100 Keeps Vanishing from Windows

remington04

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
I've recently purchase a Crucial MX100 256GB SSD from Newegg, I plugged it into my computer, set it up (Initialized and created a volume for it), and it was running fine. About 2 minutes later, the drive disappeared from my list of drives and I haven't been able to access it at all. I tried restarting my computer, and it appeared once again for about 2 minutes, but then vanished again. I've tried to do some trouble shooting, including completely resetting the drivers and disk, but I've had no luck. Connections are secure, and I've tried with multiple SATA 3 cables and power cables, but nothing has helped. I'm currently running Windows 7.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks a ton!

Update: I switched the SATA and power cables and now my computer is blue screening after about 2 minutes of use. When I unplug the SSD, the computer seems to work fine. It's been running smooth for about 10 mins now.

remington04

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015

Yes, the SATA cable I'm using works fine with my other drive. The power cable seems to be working well too, as it is powering both of my other drives