[SOLVED] Crucial MX500 SATA SSD - Raid 0 - 4K Random Read issues - win 10 64bit

I've setup a raid 0 array with my 2x 2TB Crucial MX500 on windows 10 64bit using the built-in partition software. I've initialized the drives as GBT and set them to stripped with an allocation unit size at 4096 (I've even tried 2048 and 32k) but every time I bench-test using crystaldisk it takes forever to finish the random reads. Seq is fine but when it gets to the random reads one drive has no activity while the other is at 100% and then they alternate at every interval. The end result is the correct speed but it takes minutes just to get from 1/5 to 2/5 and so on.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Rest of my specs are as follows:
CPU: Ryzen 3900x
MOBO: X570 Taichi
GPU: rtx 2080ti
RAM: 3200Mhz Corsair lpx 32GB (16x2)
STORAGE:
1x wd black nvme 250GB (os drive)
2x crucial mx500 2TB
PSU: 850W EVGA G2

P.S I've also tried Bios raid setup but the taichi doesn't recognize my sata devices after reboot when sata controllers are set to raid mode. This is another issue that I think isn't related. I've installed all drivers for bios raid configuration but that's another problem for another thread.

Solution
Yes, as said - in raid mode, sata ports belong to the controller, not the motherboard. Motherbd will see them if the raid controller passes them thru, this is common for optical drives. HDD & SSD often need to be passed thru brom the Raid Bios or RaidXpert app. Your Raid may have a passthru setting or you may need to configure the drive as a single.
When in Raid mode, the controller has control of the sata ports.
Use the Raid bios to configure your raid or Amd RaidXpert utility.

Already tried, I think it brings up a new issue of my motherboard being unable to see sata devices while sata controller is in raid mode.

I no longer am going the raid 0 route, I've instead set one drive with RAM cache momentum and the other to tier with my NVMe OS with 2GB Cache. Results are as follows:

1x NVMe + 1x SATA SSD Tier 2GB Cache

Annotation_2019-09-26_180237.jpg

1x SATA SSD with 4GB RAM Cache momentum
unknown.png

Screw Raid 0.

popatim

Titan
Yes, as said - in raid mode, sata ports belong to the controller, not the motherboard. Motherbd will see them if the raid controller passes them thru, this is common for optical drives. HDD & SSD often need to be passed thru brom the Raid Bios or RaidXpert app. Your Raid may have a passthru setting or you may need to configure the drive as a single.

Solution