Question Crucial SSD MX500 4TB converts from GPT to MBR by itself as external drive!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheFlyingCelt

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2015
I moved the SSD into the enclosure again, ran "Diskpart" in cmd and then the "clean" command.
Then I initialized the disk in Windows Disk Management and created a simple new partition (GPT, NTFS). I've been testing it for many hours by copying files, turning it on and off, rebooting the system, etc and not a problem since. Fingers crossed 🤞
I am not feeling very confident to back up all my stuff on it considering what happened, so here's a question for you guys: is there any command/software whatever to check if everything is set in he drive/table/filesystem as it should apart from chkdsk?

Once again: if it will stop working again I'll post here to let the community know.

TheFlyingCelt

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2015
CHKDSK doesn't check the file contents, so any file corruption won't be detected. CHKDSK merely tests the consistency of the file system's metadata.
Yeah, I know. I'm actually looking for something that will confirm the partition table and the parameters (if it makes sense?) are as they should be for the drive to provide me some reliability.