Cryorig R1 Ultimate Dual-Tower CPU Cooler Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

It looks like a Phanteks Enthoo Pro case that has been vinyl wrapped with white carbon vinyl. I own one and they are awesome cases for the money.

Pro-3z.jpg

gergguy

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013

Actually it's a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe. They are almost the same thing. http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Luxe.html

Here is the system on PCPP http://pcpartpicker.com/b/KYnnTW

Yeah, I figured it was one of the 2. Both are nice cases for sure.

IIRC, the R1 Universal uses a thinner fan for the outer fan which is supposed to clear the RAM sockets allowing for the extra tall RAM modules. I have seen sites that have tested coolers with both fans, and only one fan installed for the sake of comparison too.

Glad to see Cryorig get one in here for review, Others have reviewed the R1 a while ago. Yes, it's an expensive and heavy HSF solution, but it beats the D14 (with its two different sized and, thus, noisier fans) and D15, and Beats the Phanteks PH-TC14PE... all three at one time considered top coolers.... Cryorig needs to send more units for testing... but I guess they need to keep up with demand a little better (to stabilize pricing and have units freed up for reviewer testing.)

Now... how does the Scythe FUMA compare? ... I realize the FUMA sells for about half the price though.

After saying all that... My A40 keeps my i7-5820k good and cool overclocked @ 4.5Ghz easy enough. (Would have preferred the A40-Ultimate, but the radiator was too thick for where I wanted to install it... and the A80 wouldn't have fit to begin with.)

stranger_3

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

Reason ?

Nothing can beat the Noctua fans. and they come with 6 years warranty.

Cryorig offers 3 years warranty only on their fans...

The heat pipe design is almost the same on both , so the fan is the critical factor here.

stranger_3

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

Please kindly use both metrics in reviews . Tomshardware is international and it is not professional to ask people to google and find the international metrics. All manufacturers include both in their websites in specs. and personally I find them Generous for only UK and USA VS the whole world , insist on using the English king feet for measurements until today times of freedom.

Abandon the English King feet ruler please :) , join the world.

since everyone is posting their cryorig toughts heres mine.

with advice from blackbird logainofhades and darkbreeze i bought a cryorig h7 when i build my pc.
well even with gta 5 on ultra + i5 6600 (non oced) i cant hear a thing, and the cpu temperatures stays under 55c on MAX LOAD.

Not exactly true. 3 years UNREGISTERD... 6 years REGISTERED.
WARRANTY PERIOD, FULL AND LIMITED WARRANTY
1. When given normal, proper and intended usage CRYORIG guarantees the proper function of our products for their respective warranty period.
2. The length of each Product’s Warranty Period is based on their respective category, unless stated otherwise in their Product Page
Heatsinks and Coolers: 3 years
Fans: 3 Years
Cases : 3 Years

PRODUCT REGISTRATION AND EXTENDED WARRANTY
1. Registered Products will receive Extended Warranty, the extension will be based on their respective category, unless stated otherwise in their Product Page
Heatsinks and Coolers: +3 years
Fans: +3 Years
Cases : +3 Years
2. Registering the Product will require Users to sign up as a VIP member.
3. Signing up as a VIP member is free.

Source: http://www.cryorig.com/warranty.php

Also... using a review/roundup about 1.5 years old (July, 2015)... AnandTech did put it at being within .1°C of the D15, which really isn't all that bad.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9415/top-tier-cpu-air-coolers-9way-roundup-review

The TH review had the D15 fail to cool sufficiently enough to use for comparison.

stranger_3

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

Extended warranties are not like full warranties . First , If you dont register fast you wont get the extended warranty. and second the shops wont accept returns and you will have to send it directly to the manufacturer. and finally they are not transferable , unlike full warranties.

Further more , still the Noctua Fans are much better...

Thanks for showing me the extended warranty.

No Problem. I do agree that extended warranties that require registration are time sensitive in nature. It looks like Cryorig's warranties are non-transferable (something that seems to be a trend with some parts.) After a certain point in time retailers won't accept returns anyway... some cases that return period is only a couple of weeks instead of 30 days... depending on the part and their policies, so you're stuck dealing with a RMA with the manufacturer anyway. There is trade-offs between the two for certain. (Some feel the mounting of the R1 is much easier than the D15 too.)

Anyway, regardless of which one someone grabs in the end, they've got a pretty good cooler on their hands, even if it is fairly heavy.

SymphonyX8

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
Could someone please explain how the Deepcool Gammaxx 400, a <$30 cooler, can actually keep up with a $90 cooler? Is there something wrong with Tom's Hardware's testing? I also checked Tom's review of the Deepcool Assassin V2, which costs $70. At full fan speed, it's matched by the Gammaxx 400 (5930K @ 4.2 Ghz, Prime95 8K). I think there's something really wrong.

SymphonyX8

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
Could someone please explain how the Deepcool Gammaxx 400, a <$30 cooler, can actually keep up with a $90 cooler? Is there something wrong with Tom's Hardware's testing? I also checked Tom's review of the Deepcool Assassin V2, which costs $70. At full fan speed, it's matched by the Gammaxx 400 (5930K @ 4.2 Ghz, Prime95 8K). I think there's something really wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS