Cryorig's C7 Is A Teeny CPU Cooler With Beefy Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Popatim: Yup... Backside, just like the H7 which (from my experience with the H7) can be a little awkward when the so-called "X-bar" doesn't line up perfectly. When it doesn't line up perfectly, it can be very difficult getting all four holes to do so on motherboards with large VRM heatsinks.

H7 installation instructions here: http://www.cryorig.com/inst_guide_dl.php?id=9

Neither is anything like Cryorig's original R1 or its H5 mounting design, each of which are screwed through the top to arms/bars that are securely affixed to the backplate.

Mounting instructions for the C7 were not available on Cryorig's website.

I would have preferred the fan use standard mounting holes in case it ever died and required replacement or if someone wanted to use a more powerful fan for greater airflow. With registration, Cryorig offers up to a 6-year warranty on its products, so consumers may not ever need to use a standard fan as a replacement.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I have an ITX system that could use this sink. Right now it has a AMD Phenom II copper heatsink without a fan + 120mm fan sitting on top. With the cases panel installed the fan fits perfectly sandwiched between the two.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Looks like mounting it will be a pain or its done completely from the backside...
That's what she said! :p

Seriously this looks interesting - I doubt it will match the Noctua L9i on noise:performance but at half the price it's worth seeing how close they can come!

Steve-CR

Reputable
May 5, 2015
With the C7, you actually have the screw pillars already attached to the heatsink. So basically you first push the heatsink and the pillars through the mainboard. Then you snap on the backplate (it snaps into place now) and screw the nuts on the back.

We tried to improve on the H7 design and made some adjustments to the backplate so that it snaps onto the screw pillars.

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
ten years ago Thermalright made the XP-120, which i bought used 7 years ago. it's probably still better than this thing.

11390.jpg

The C7 also looks to be about half as thick as the XP-120.

Status
Not open for further replies.