News Cryptocurrency Market Cap Passes $2 Trillion as Ethereum Prices Reach All-Time High

LolaGT

Reputable
Oct 31, 2020
And, like it or not GPU use for cryptocurrency farming is still going to be a thing for another couple years as far as hardware viability.

grlegters

Honorable
Oct 9, 2015
The nail that sticks up, gets hammered down. As cryptocurrency gets more popular and profitable, entrenched governments will see it as a threat to their power and monopoly on money. I expect that governments will ban cryptocurrency using the pretense of a war against drug lords, human trafficking, tax cheaters, energy waste, etc.. The power to the people offered by cryptocurrency sounds nice, but ask Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump how that works out in the long run. Money can be made (literally) until the hammer comes down, but it always pays to keep an eye on the authorities (remember the stock sales by congressmen before the pandemic announcement?). In the meantime, I'll continue postponing my GPU upgrade.

daworstplaya

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Let's hope Crypto currencies get banned sooner rather than later. China should just do a mass shut down of all the servers there. Waste of electricity.