Crysis 2 Supports 3D Singleplayer, Multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Full 3D?! Photo realistic graphics?! Surround Sound?!

Games are becoming virtual simulations for training out youth to be tomorrows killing machine. Yes, the shadow governments goal to train an army or desensitized killers is becoming a reality.

Fighting China in WW3, will be just like playing video games back home.

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
In order to run the 3D on PC you must have 16 Fermis running in SLI, with a combined heat output of the Sun, and then you can only play on medium at 1400/900 with average 30fps.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
My computer is going to die with something like that. =( And this is the first game I've ever wanted to play in 3-D. I'm actually excited about it. damnit.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]RipperjackAU[/nom]Full 3D?! Photo realistic graphics?! Surround Sound?!Games are becoming virtual simulations for training out youth to be tomorrows killing machine. Yes, the shadow governments goal to train an army or desensitized killers is becoming a reality.Fighting China in WW3, will be just like playing video games back home.[/citation]

Actually they aren't, they are becoming better looking, simple as that, no hidden agendas.

EA is definitely the shadow government that is training for world domination, because just being a major game studio is to boring. [/sarcasm]

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Don't forget that eg. going from 320x240 to 640x480 quadruples the pixel count. So you don't need to lower the resolution much for having the same frame rates. On the PS3, 1080p games are changed to 720p in 3D mode.

3D games can be fun every now and then (not nonstop) so I wouldn't spend much to gain that ability. On top of that I'm one of those who don't feel fully comfortable with 3D, no headaches, but a small disturbance.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Ciuy[/nom]..and you need your own Nuclear Power Plant to be able to run those 16 Fermis ...[/citation]

You know, this may hint to where AMD is going with their next line up. Is 'Fusion' the power required to run it?

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I said it before and I made a thread on this, but the question is, can a radeon HD5850 or a radeon/ati card run 3d?!? I know Nvidia has the drivers for this but does Ati?

I currently have a 5850 and for this was planning on crossfiring to get ready for this, but again can a radeon work 3d?

theroguex

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]please God let this insane movement toward 3D die, like you did with the dinosaurs, disco, and the Back Street Boys!!!!!![/citation]

Oh, you mean like the original 3D movement back in the '80s?

hannibal

Distinguished
It will be DX9. They are not stupid enough to drop the dx9 support. But you can be sure that there are some dx11 trick in the game. 70% of machines are dx9 compatible and 30% dx10 and dx11 compatible. Allso consoles are from pre dx9 period, so we have to wait a couple of more years for dx11 games.
All in all grysis 2 does not seems too bad. Something that can make you Ferni or 5890 mourn for more power...

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
[citation][nom]schmich[/nom]On the PS3, 1080p games are changed to 720p in 3D mode.[/citation]
Actually, save for sports titles, very few PS3 games run in 1080p. Virtually all top-shelf titles, from the Uncharted series, to GTA IV to MGS4, all run in 720p.

And if I understand Sony's firmware solution correctly, they merely halve the horizontal resolution; so while the default 2D resolution is 1280x720, when in 3D mode it instead gets the equivalent of 640x720, without necessitating any difference in refresh rate. (though as I recall, the simple calculations to get what is basically two view angles does slightly hurt the framerate)

[citation][nom]hannibal[/nom]Allso consoles are from pre dx9 period,[/citation]
This is very true... If a 3D solution can't work with DirectX 9.0c on the PC, then it certainly wouldn't work on the Xbox 360, which actually falls a tad short on a few specifications for shader model 3.0. (hower, it's close enough)

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]thepinkpanther[/nom]meh, ill still stick to games an 2D and GOOD movies in 3D[/citation]
I don't think that any good movies have been released in 3D yet.

G

so... is it possible to play in 3D - cost = ????

time =?????

brains = ???

Status
Not open for further replies.