Crysis 3 Accidently Confirmed by EA's Origin

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypertraxx

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]*vomits* who care? Crysis 2 was lame... comparing to First. Origin is lame. Everything in this article is lame. Have a good day.[/citation]
Agree, just another marketing stunt to suck money out of our wallets.... And if that isn't enough you get ORGIN for free, fuck that shit. Where is the time that i bought a GAME, not a part of the game or crap addons.
The reason i stopped buying games is because i feel offended when a DLC for only 20euros comes a week after the game... Or as with EA, you get crap software on you're pc... Like ORIGIN. Crap you say? Ye crap 'software shit'. Gamers who buy games these days need origin need steam and all kind of shit extra software.
Better leech it with newsgroups. And make a private server...

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
[citation][nom]Murissokah[/nom]Well, if its New York again, then it's another crappy X360 game. Crysis 2 was set in a city for a reason, to allow level design to be restrictive enough so the feeble X360 VGA could handle some decent graphics. Current generation consoles could never be able to handle the open-world jungle of the first games.[/citation]
You are forgetting that the original Crysis, with all the jungles and everything has been ported to the 360/PS3 already, albeit with the equivalent of Medium graphics on the PC.

G

To Crytek and, mainly, EA, Crysis 2 was not a failure, even though technically it was a lot worse than the original/Warhead. To them, the $$$ means everything, and the rest F*** all...

So as long as us gamers keep on buying the PC version (minority), and the console versions (vast majority) keep selling like hot cakes, they'll keep making the dumbed down console versions.... And that, my friends, is the trend of every organisation with interest to making profits... :/

dameon51

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I liked Crysis 2, but it wasn't very sandboxy. I hope they let you freely roam around NY instead of being locked into certain streets.

G

>the game is slated for the Xbox 360

All hopes are gone. I thought Crytek learned their lesson. It would be funny if Crysis 3 is inferior to Crysis 1. (At-least in graphics wise.)

sharpies

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Wow from the comments here it seems as though nobody except a few enjoyed Crysis 2 and thought it looked amazing. I played all the Crysis games and in all instances I was wow'ed. Sure when Crysis 2 came out we expected the graphics to look a lot better than it did but to me the game play was much more efficient and after the ultra and Directx 11 updates the graphics looked spectacular. In fact, the best I've seen!

So no matter what all you critics say prematurely about Crysis 3, I am sure it will look amazing and fans would enjoy it expecially on PC. Just keep in mind, unlike Blizzard and Valve, Crytek actually tries to bring out amazing games without taking 5-10 years for a sequal. Sure now all the fanboys are going to say when Blizzard launches a game its perfect and doesn't need updates. HAHA well I clearly remember buying SC2 and having to update the same day. Dont get me wrong, I am also a big Blizzard and Valve fan but they dont seem to care about producing games in a timeous way. I've stoped looking for any news on Halflife 2 episode 3 months back and to be honest I dont care any more for Heart of the swarm because I'm more excited about Generals 2 (which would highly likely launch before Heart of the swarm).

Benihana

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]So we know it exists, but the question remains:Is the game going to be designed with the superior PC or inferior Xbox 360 in mind?We've seen what Crysis looks like in both scenarios (excellent (Crysis) and sub-par at best (Crysis 2), respectively)- so are they going to make the smart decision or the stupid one?[/citation]
I'm going to bet they make the dumbass decision.

G

LuckyDuck, they will go where the money takes them more profit in the consoles. so the consoles it is

god i hate consoles...

golfdk

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Douchebag Crytek should make Crysis 2 work first before they think about next installment : ( my Crysis 2 still crashes when loading a savegame

dreadlokz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Just hope they all drop dead! I hate consoles, they ruin PC gaming, they sould make games always based on the PCs, then lower everything down to the shitty consoles! fk!!

G

after the crap they pulled with crysis 2 on pc they'll need to do a damn well job for anyone to even buy it on the pc.. i mean seriously..crysis 2 wasnt even good on the consoles...they made a once great sandbox shooter into some corridor, interactive movie

Status
Not open for further replies.