Crysis 3 Gets Firm Release Date, Video Series

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulmachiklamo

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Crysis has a good story, ok..; But I must admit I was dissapointed in Crysis 2's graphics... I want a game that pulls of the best possible, even if a 680 GTX has problems with it (highest settings). I want a game that shows what's possible you know.. That's what Crysis was for me along with juist being a supersoldier :D

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]threehosts[/nom]So what you are saying is that DX11 is more bloated and less optimized than DX9? Interesting...[/citation]
No just that DX11 in general stresses the GPU more (because of all the added goodies), which is more or less true.

[citation][nom]innocent bystander[/nom]Crysis 2 was underrated. I thought it was a really good game. Too bad the Ultra setting and DX11 absolutely murdered my Phenom II X4 965 + Radeon 5870 setup... so it was a pleasant surprise that dialing it back to DX9 brought the performance back with no noticeable loss to graphical awesomeness.Besides, don't knock console ports. They are the reason I'm not computer poor.IB[/citation]
I enjoyed Crysis 2 single player. I finished it. I never could finish the first one. idk I just couldn't get into it. As far as performance in Crysis 2, I had a lot of issues with performance in DX11, system crashes, etc, but dx9 worked flawlessly, and I could run the card with a much higher overclock in dx9 over dx11. When I finally decided to do something about, a complete uninstall/reinstall fixed it all and dx11 mode has worked great since.

HolyCrusader

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I played and beat Crysis 1, Warhead and Crysis 2. The very first one is still my favorite of the series in that it had the most sandbox-y areas. Warhead and #2 are much more focused games that have far less freedom for exploration.

#2 was a bit of a letdown for me. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. It also doesn't help that all three games each suffered during their simpler, non-exploration, non-sandbox areas.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]kellybean[/nom]Sorry EA but Origin will not be installed on my Gaming Rig.[/citation] Oh crap, I forgot about Origin. Am I seriously going to need to install that to play Crysis 3?

oblivionlord

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
Crysis 2 looked far better than crysis 1 after you include the high res txture mod and tessellation etc etc. Crysis 1 simply couldn't compare.

As far as gameplay goes.... Both have shitty AI which killed any enjoyable experience I had with the game. Sandbox mode however was a blast in both games since you didn't have to be concerned about AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.