Crysis 3 Story Already Mapped Out, Says Crytek

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I guess there won't be a Crysis 3 then, if they want Crysis 2 to sell as good as Call of Campers.

Personally I can't want to try out Crysis 2 on my PC.

edilee

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
They should make Crysis 3 for PC only and go all out on the graphics and forget about holding us back for outdated consoles. Someone needs to step up and take advantage of the raw PC power that is available for games and has been available for some time. A GREAT game could generate PC hardware sales through the roof...people will build that machine to play that one game if it is that damn good.

krogtheclown

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
Hmmm they dont seem to understand the market, COD BO's is a hit because the 1st one was a hit and people just buy the same game over and over because they all have friends that do the same thing. I myself fell into this because my online friends only wanted to play COD and they never played any other game nor did they play any game when not Playing COD online.

When Crysis Wars came out I told them to get and try something new, they refused so now I have only 1 online friend left and we Play BFBC2 which is light years ahead of Black Ops but you wouldn't know it by sell's numbers.

Here's hoping Crysis 2 does well. It's too bad that devs are setting up sequels like this though. As someone else above said, it almost makes Crysis 2 sound like it's going to be a flop, or at least that the devs are half-expecting it to be a flop.

G

I predict most sale in
1) xbox 360
2) ps3
3) PC

pc sale will not be enough. that is why crytek choose to go multiple platform.

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
Crysis needs a story? I thought it was like all those Roland Emmerich movies... give ppl so much special FX so they don't care about a story. :)

growup

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
I'm sorry but I dont agree with the multiplatform ordeal here. Yes, it makes profit but you gotta think quality over quantity.

Crysis 3 should be made on PC only and should exploit the full capabilities of todays new hardware. I want to be able to be shooting back and have concrete debris spray by me when a bullet ricochets off the wall, jump from one building into the next one without hitting a load screen. Things of that nature. It is possible; however, the limitations are, like was said earlier, the 360/PS3 technology and the concept of multiplatform = more profit.

Multiplayer is fun, but gets repetitive after a while. I give Crysis 2 5-hours max until user gets bored either bored of it or finds out its just another FPS - toss back n forth grenades.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Crysis 2 hasn't been held back because of consoles - if you read previous reports on the game's development you'll see that they built the graphics for the PC first and then paired back for consoles, NOT the other way around.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
valve has made stuff other than fps... the made portal that more about a conveance... admitadly a fpp first person puzzle game so same perspective but no shooting, just redirecting

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]rotsae[/nom]I predict most sale in 1) xbox 3602) ps33) PCpc sale will not be enough. that is why crytek choose to go multiple platform.[/citation]
Not enough compared to what? It doesn't take that much extra work to make the game for PC. In fact if you're doing the game multi-platform is not all that bad to make a PC version as you get a decent bunch of sales for not so much work. In fact you get more sales that way than spending that time sandpapering the console versions to get a few more sales.

Anyways Crytek should have known better to not make an FPS game with a crappy multiplayer. What happens then? Everyone pirates and does single player only. I regret buying the first game and I ended up not buying Warhead. So: bad multiplayer gameplay and requirements being out of reach for many means the game dies v. early after its release. They really should learn from DICE and Valve.

[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]if you read previous reports on the game's development you'll see that they built the graphics for the PC first and then paired back for consoles[/citation]
Don't believe everything you hear esp. when its not from a 3rd party. We'll have to wait and see. It will be quite clear if it was held back or not considering consoles are generations behind on hardware and are lacking on DX11 features.

filci

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Im well known with Crysis and COD (all parts) and judging my opinion Crytek and Activision done great job making these games. 1 thing is missing in Crysis that i notest: Cryengine requiers more powerfull PCs while COD Engine can get a good FPS and Quality while having a medium or even low geared PC. If Crytek can make the same thing the game will be much more sold. About making more games i agree with you guys. Racing games with good quality are always welcome.

lradunovic77

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Crysis 2 is a great shooter game, very intense and it is better than famous HALO. Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 are different games but they both perfectly fit the story. Graphic is nice in Crysis and with upcoming DX11 patch this is going to be kick ass.

G

I liked Crysis 2. Just beat it on the most difficult setting. The level that gave me trouble was killing the pinger while the power went out on the streets. It wasn't till I discovered c4 hiding in the little building that evened things out. (I'm a c4 kinda guy)

Though Crysis 1 takes the cake on graphics, Crysis 2 took it to a whole new level with urban warfare. That's always fun! The AI wasn't as smart as the first game (blasted Koreans could literally smell me pass by) But the Ceph were a bit dumb.

Let Crysis 3 roll on out Crytek. Well done!

G

As a huge fan if crysis I had big expectations of Crysis 2 and sadly for me those expectations were not met. It had nothing to do with the look of the game but everything to do with the lack of freedom, THIS WAS NOT A SANDBOX GAME! it was Call of duty with slightly better graphics! it was set in a city and all you could do is walk the streets instead of taking advantage of buildings, rooftops and sewer systems. this was just another no brainer FPS, complete childs play. Crysis came out 3 years ago and is still the best looking TRUE Sandbox FPS on the market! If a Crysis 3 is going to be considered have a good look at the first one and remember the all the things that made it the most impressive Shooter at the time and to date!

G

Not true pc brings in the full gaming capabilities to life and is responsible for buliding the consoles you have today dummass! What you think that the consoles were made with no pc involvment at all? how do you think they tested out its systems! preety much a xbox is like a pc it has a proccceser, storage etc.
As for crysis 2 to me it is a fantastic game it has ceph like graphics so Fricking great!! I love the story line for the first and second one the campaign was also great.
The things that should be improved would be returning the double pistol option because that is just sweet 2 majestics or machine pistols or hammers= ownage. Maximum speed that realy needs to come back cuase whats more fun then 2 guns and god like speed. Maximum power should mean asome strength by that i mean when you have power on you should smash through buldings hit enemies afar like the first crysis then killing would be much more fun like going on the highest bulding and trowing off someone and glazing at their doom from a distance ahh those were good times so that should return also a bit harder AI when placed on the hardest difficulty iam not talking about 3 shots and your dead so lowering health but acctuly making the AI a challege make them sneaky make them strategic make them work as a team show us how smart the raw power of a AI can go. Moving on to the freedom thing yes crysis 2 did lack the freedom we were all so hoping for i mean the city is great but so many restrictions you cant jump roofs you cant go under ground etc so if you could bring back the freedom like crysis 1 had that to would change things alot for the better. Now multiplayer great gaming how EVER i would like to see some tanks boats craft etc like the first crysis that felt like a acctual battlefiled subs ships factories aliens the lot. Oh and me and my crysis friedns would also like to see diffrent factions on multi say like cell or marines and ceph make a crazy multiplayer for specific maps so that you could play as all 3 sides and give the choice that as you rank you can customise your player weather it be alien or humand and let customization for adding body parts like armour helmets etc and give the possibility to colour your player to your likings and be creative so let 2 paint colours merge make shiny paint and glossy paint and let the player make symbols or markings cause that would add maximum customization. It would give a nice gaming touch to multi plz do the multiplayer ideas cause i dont know how much longer i can be told by my friend what Halo Reach has that crysis dosent its becoming so bloody anoying.

And 1 last thing i relized how little most fps games give the instant action offline capability so to battle Ai on anychosen map With TEAMMATES so you dont repeat the campaign over and over again.
And like halo 3 give like a forge or crycreation abbility so you can choose weater to have no energy god health no ammo limit and creat as much as opponents as you like and spwan guns righ before your eyes this would let creativity go wild! i know my would go insane!!!!

So if this was crysis 3 with all of the above trust me you would break through cod halo and anyother fps game with ease. So dont give up dont abondon but improve casue if you let go your letting down me my friends and a other crysis fans DONT GIVE UP IAM WAITING FOR CRY3!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.