Discussion CRYSIS 4 officially announced by CRYTEK ! Is this a sequel ?

Some breaking news.

Actually, we never saw this coming, since there were no expectations or hope for a brand new CRYSIS game, since Crytek has been busy lately releasing these so-called "Remasters" of the entire Trilogy, and Crytek was kind of dead these days. But the official Twitter account confirms that CRYSIS 4 is indeed in development, though we don't have any details as of now.

Will update this thread, if more info is being shared by media outlets. Anyway, Crytek has now officially confirmed it is developing the fourth installment in the Crysis series. The new game has just now been teased on social media with a new video/logo which reads, "Join the journey. Become the hero”.

My guess is that Crysis 4 won't be coming out anytime soon. Maybe few more years, given how long a game development/testing takes place for such a big AAA title (unless the game has already been in production/development). Also, this game might require the latest high-end/powerful next-gen GPUs to max out the settings, along with RTX. So Nvidia LOVELACE and RDNA3 GPUs might be the suitable candidates.

The developers will obviosuly use the next iteration/version of CRYENGINE.

View: https://twitter.com/Crytek/status/1486309465485946883

Insert "Can It run CRYSIS 4 MEME here?! " :p

Crysis-4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Update. Here is the official press release statement from CRYTEK and it's CEO. It appears that the developers are indeed serious with regards to this next-gen Crysis game. But it remains to be seen how far the game development might go, and whether the final product will be polished/optimized or not.

To quote Crysis/Avni Yerli::

"Right now the game is in the early stages of development so it will be a while yet, but we wanted to bring you the news at this time as we are so hyped for the future, and to let you know that we will be listening to our community. Crytek has a proud history of working with our community to develop the games you want to play. Crysis is incredibly important to so many people - it's beloved by gamers everywhere, and some of those working in the industry today are doing so because of the original game - so we want to make sure the next instalment in the franchise lives up to all of your expectations. Make sure to join our socials and get involved!

As development progresses we will release more details when we can. But in the meantime, know that our dedicated and talented team is working hard to bring you a truly next-gen shooter. I also want to let Hunt: Showdown players know that we have some great things planned for you too, this year and beyond, so watch this space.

And, if you're one of those people who was inspired by Crysis to get into development, then why not come work on the next chapter? We have some openings available on the team right now, for people who will truly shape the future of the franchise: www.crytek.com/career

I just want to finish by saying thank you to everyone who has played and enjoyed Crysis, Hunt: Showdown and all of our other titles over the years - none of this would be possible without you!
Avni Yerli
Crytek CEO ."

Not much of a teaser for a developer so savvy at graphics. I just hope Cervat having stepped down as CEO several years ago will make them more level headed now with more business sense and concern for their employees.

Yeah, unfortunately that teaser clip doesn't convey anything much regarding this game. I just hope they focus more on the Single Player campaign of this title, instead of Multiplayer/Co-op/PvPVvE, like they did with 'Hunt: Showdown'.

Quite frankly, I'm not hyped about this whole teaser stuff, and not optimistic either as to whether the devs will release a worthy next-gen Crysis game. Crytek is kind of out of balance these days, lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know that's a good sign, since these developers redefined the FPS genre by releasing Crysis 1, and they are ready to listen to the community as well the game Modders alike. It's just that I don't want to keep very high hopes for any new Crysis game, due to the current state of the gaming industry.

These devs are actually talented, but recently the so-called "Remastered" trilogy of this franchise makes me doubt them. Crysis 1 remastered was full of bugs and glitches, both gameplay wise and on the graphics front. The vanilla Crysis 1 with graphics/texture mods still looks and plays much better than this. Even though the remastered game can look great, it does not justify its GPU requirements. The game also suffers from major CPU optimization and stuttering issues, despite ALL the recent patches/updates.

It also lacks some of the graphical features of the original 2007 PC version. Grenades do no longer affect bushes in the remastered version.

All trees and bushes do not sway as much as they did in the original game, giving the remaster a somehow “static” feeling. This is a personal preference though as all trees and bushes do have “wind/air effects“. They are just not as “in your face” as in the original game. Crytek and Saber have also changed the game’s Parallax Occlusion Mapping effects. As such, and while some areas look better, some other areas are “more flat” in the remaster IMO.

But nonetheless, fingers crossed for CRYSIS 4 though. Actually TBH, graphics-wise, Crysis Remastered can still look great. Most of the main characters are highly detailed, and the game’s environments are still gorgeous.. The new textures also look great, though I did notice some original, blurry, low-resolution textures. And while, the environmental interactivity/destructibility remains amazing, even for today’s standards, it has been dialed back from the original PC version.

And yes, my RX 480 obviosuly struggles to maintain a playable frame rate/FPS on my PC, lol. I encountered serious stuttering issues while gaming, and this does not happen with the original vanilla Crysis game. Maybe the new remastered title is indeed very demanding on the GPU, but it still needs some more optimization.

Yeah the current state of game development is pitiful really, especially when you see lucrative teams like Rockstar allow such a horrible remaster of the original GTA series.

I get the feeling most devs think they can dish out any kind of garbage they want these days, since most customers of ANY products anymore are settling for less due to COVID.

The funny thing is, I used to defend them saying it's understandable because we're still in a pandemic, but lately I just see them taking advantage of their customers.

Yeah, that GTA remastered trilogy was a mess ! It's a shame that most of the game devs, if not all, these days are so lazy and incompetent. I think some fan made MODS look and play far better than the GTA remastered trilogy.

Actually, these so-called "remasters" are just a quick ""cash grab"" option/outlet for game Devs/publishers, because they know many would be willing to jump on the "remaster" bandwagon, just like blind sheep and fanboys, or also because of the hype surrounding all this.

That's why I think companies are releasing such lazy and unoptimized PC games these days, though not all developers are bad. Some are good as well, but the majority of the gaming industry still suffers from talented and serious game developers/teams. Also, another venue to earn quick bucks and increase sales of any game, is to release a BATTLE ROYALE title.

Heck, even if Crytek releases a CRYSIS BR/Online/MP game, I'm sure it's gonna sell like hotcakes, lol. I never understood this craze behind BR and online games though. CS:GO still remains the most selling/played game on STEAM and overall, and so is PUBG/Fortnite/Apex legends, despite these being 'free to play' games.

I only play SINGLE player/offline games which have a good story, gameplay mechanics, replay value, emotional value among other things. So I don't know why so many gamers like battle Royale/online-only games. I guess it all boils down to personal taste and preference, and I can't blame anyone for this either.

But still, the number of gamers jumping on this BR bandwagon is really shocking.

Last edited:
Yeah, that GTA remastered trilogy was a mess ! It's a shame that most of the game devs, if not all, these days are so lazy and incompetent. I think some fan made MODS look and play far better than the GTA remastered trilogy.

Actually, these so-called "remasters" are just a quick ""cash grab"" option/outlet for game Devs/publishers, because they know many would be willing to jump on the "remaster" bandwagon, just like blind sheep and fanboys, or also because of the hype surrounding all this.

That's why I think companies are releasing such lazy and unoptimized PC games these days, though not all developers are bad. Some are good as well, but the majority of the gaming industry still suffers from talented and serious game developers/teams. Also, another venue to earn quick bucks and increase sales of any game, is to release a BATTLE ROYALE title.

Heck, even if Crytek releases a CRYSIS BR/Online/MP game, I'm sure it's gonna sell like hotcakes, lol. I never understood this craze behind BR and online games though. CS:GO still remains the most selling/played game on STEAM and overall, and so is PUBG/Fortnite/Apex legends, despite these being 'free to play' games.

I only play SINGLE player/offline games which have a good story, gameplay mechanics, replay value, emotional value among other things. So I don't know why so many gamers like battle Royale/online-only games. I guess it all boils down to personal taste and preference, and I can't blame anyone for this either.

But still, the number of gamers jumping on this BR bandwagon is really shocking.
I'm really a bit surprised some of my best gaming moments, on pretty polished releases no less, are coming from Sony PC ports lately, namely Days Gone and God of War. Both those titles stand up pretty well against a sea of buggy games, yet Days Gone didn't even sell well enough to be a sure greenlight for a sequel.

It seems to me this is due to the next generation of gamers coming up that are easily impressed with cartoony looking or plane Jane graphics games like Fortnite, PUBG, and Apex Legends. All they want is something they can get into with their friends, and it even becomes a bit of a peer pressure thing if so and so from the same school doesn't own and play the same such games.

Last edited:
I'm really a bit surprised some of my best gaming moment, on pretty polished releases no less, are coming from Sony PC ports lately, namely Days Gone and God of War. Both those titles stand up pretty well against a sea of buggy games, yet Days Gone didn't even sell well enough to be a sure greenlight for a sequel.

Yeah, actually both these games are pretty good PC ports, and worth playing as well. They also have a good storyline and replay value as well. GOD of WAR especially got pretty good reception from gamers and critics alike. Even Days Gone is excellent. I still have to complete this game asap. Will do it after Halo Infinite which I just started playing.

Btw, these are some of PROS for God of War game in my opinion.

- Excellent combat system that has weight and a good variety of mechanics. I like that AXE throw and grab mechanics.

- Well-written story with generous amounts of optional, interesting lore.

- Near-flawless PC port, with solid optimization and a wide options roster.

- Great amount of side activities and optional content worth your time. though, sometimes it can get repetitive.

- Punishing challenge level on Hard and especially Very Hard settings, as seen on some YT gameplay walthroughs.

Last edited:
So does that mean you already played all the way through The Master Chief Collection like you said you going to do before playing it?

Yeah, I finally completed the collection. Actually, in some of the last missions of Halo 4, I was a bit quick as well. I mean I didn't do any "speedrun", but used some cheats to freeze the ammo and player's health, so that I can quickly finish this MC collection, and the full STORY as well.

Was desperate to play Halo INFINITE, so some of the last halo 4 missions were completed quickly, and I have already beaten this whole collection, without any cheats or help, so doing the last 3-4 missions was not a big deal, since I couldn't wait to lay my hands on Infinite, haha.

BTW, I will let you know, if I need help playing INFINITE as well. Just started and I like the game's mechanics and graphics. Banished Warship seems to be an easy mission, not that tough to beat, with the exception of some areas in which we need to fight a lot of brutes, and of course the captain as well.

Last edited: