Question CrystalDiskInfo showing strange values for brand new SSD ?

Jun 22, 2022
My new SSD just arrived. I ran Crystaldiskinfo and first thing I saw is a big red 'Bad' Icon, when hovering over it it says 'Bad [A9] Remain Life : 0' but in the list below, the [A9] sector appears with 100% and all the items in the list are blue, not a single yellow/red warning below. Anyone know what might be the problem here and if it's serious enough to warrant a devolution?

SL8dq7m.png

Jun 22, 2022
Just a suspicion but I think he doesn’t support the SSD right and interprets the data wrong. You could try a new version or try out another HDD checker app.
After your comment I've tried a few other HDD Checkers.
I've tried:
  1. Checking with CMD (It says health is good)
  2. Checking the disk itself (No problems found)
  3. Using SSDLife Pro (it says my SSD is healthy)
  4. Hard Disk Sentinel (Says the state of my SSD is perfect. Performance good, Health Excellent).

So, I guess I can assume it's a problem with crystaldiskinfo?

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
After your comment I've tried a few other HDD Checkers.
I've tried:
  1. Checking with CMD (It says health is good)
  2. Checking the disk itself (No problems found)
  3. Using SSDLife Pro (it says my SSD is healthy)
  4. Hard Disk Sentinel (Says the state of my SSD is perfect. Performance good, Health Excellent).
So, I guess I can assume it's a problem with crystaldiskinfo?
Well done and yes, I would agree.

Reactions: FloirsHeiz
It could be that this model defines the raw value of attribute 0xA9 as "Percentage Used" rather than "Life Remaining". That said, other Netac SSDs start life with a raw value of 0x64 (= 100 in decimal).

I would monitor the raw value as you fill up the SSD. If it increases to 1, then all is OK.

Reactions: FloirsHeiz