Crytek Wants to Take Homefront to "New Heights"

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
they were going to release a new saints row this year =[... and i dont think they sold the saints row or darksiders franchise, which makes me quite quite sad.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]they were going to release a new saints row this year =[... and i dont think they sold the saints row or darksiders franchise, which makes me quite quite sad.[/citation]

The studio that makes Saints Row got sold, however the darksiders studio hasn't been sold yet or at least I didn't hear news of it.

25gtt

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Great another potential console port for a potentially good game like what they are doing to the new Crysis.,

Come on Crytek, give this game the graphics potential Crysis could have had!

rmpumper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
In order to something to "new" heights it must already be at "old" heights. Homefront is in the bottom of a barrel so you can only pull it out into daylight - the game was crap.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]25gtt[/nom]Great another potential console port for a potentially good game like what they are doing to the new Crysis.,Come on Crytek, give this game the graphics potential Crysis could have had![/citation]

you mean crysis 2 , and NO F---ing thanks , i don't see why you uber rich geeks think companies should cater only to you. i bought crysis 1 back when it came out , and I still can't get the damn thing to run smooth after upgrading from a dual core to a quad core , and about 4 different video card upgrades later.

in fact i'm not thrilled at all about crytek wanting to "blow up our pcs" with cyrsis 3 F--- That . i'd rather have a game that runs smooth at max setting than one that arbitrarily makes me go through multiple (main stream) pc upgrades just to run the game half-a--ed

[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]you mean crysis 2 , and NO F---ing thanks , i don't see why you uber rich geeks think companies should cater only to you. i bought crysis 1 back when it came out , and I still can't get the damn thing to run smooth after upgrading from a dual core to a quad core , and about 4 different video card upgrades later. in fact i'm not thrilled at all about crytek wanting to "blow up our pcs" with cyrsis 3 F--- That . i'd rather have a game that runs smooth at max setting than one that arbitrarily makes me go through multiple (main stream) pc upgrades just to run the game half-a--ed[/citation]

Way to take out your inability to either build a decent PC, or afford one, on those who can. These games run smooth when you have the correct hardware. So enjoy your slideshow.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]you mean crysis 2 , and NO F---ing thanks , i don't see why you uber rich geeks think companies should cater only to you. i bought crysis 1 back when it came out , and I still can't get the damn thing to run smooth after upgrading from a dual core to a quad core , and about 4 different video card upgrades later. in fact i'm not thrilled at all about crytek wanting to "blow up our pcs" with cyrsis 3 F--- That . i'd rather have a game that runs smooth at max setting than one that arbitrarily makes me go through multiple (main stream) pc upgrades just to run the game half-a--ed[/citation]

[citation][nom]vrumor[/nom]Way to take out your inability to either build a decent PC, or afford one, on those who can. These games run smooth when you have the correct hardware. So enjoy your slideshow.[/citation]

Crysis (I'm using Dragon so I'm not getting correct this anymore it's just going to be crisis if I mention it again and it doesn't come out right) one was a very very poorly optimized game. It's to the point that I believe Crysis warhead came out after using the same engine but more optimized had better graphics and required less system specs to run it.

And then there's Crysis 2, taking a level design away I believe the game looked better than Crysis one and still required less graphical power to manage that, at the same time it maintained a more stable frame rate than Crysis one something that I believe is more important than just having a high frame rate.

The Crysis 3 is based off of cry engine 3 I believe and they already learned their lesson from the Crysis 2 storm, they're not releasing the DirectX 11 stuff later it's coming out when it comes out on the PC.

Now with that said, I don't believe game should ever be made for future technology, not because of an "I can't play the game boo-hoo" way but in a more they brute force way. See the way old PC games were they would plan for it might not run right now but in the future the parts will be fast enough to run the game right. They brute forced it. I want to more finesse approach, where they take into account limitations of the PCs right now what they can do and how they can make it work on lesser power, I don't believe any game should ever choir SLI to work on a single normal monitor. If you want to run the game at 2560 x 1600 or if you want to run the game on 3 monitors or for some godforsaken reason anti-aliasing needs to be put up to 16 or if you are insane enough to go up uber sampling, then yes I believe you should have to have more than one video card you should have to buy that highest and card just to play the game. But until you do something stupid like that I don't think that you should be punished for buying a lesser card, and make no mistake about it you are being punished for buying a lesser card if you get the PC port that easy have graphics turned down.

You see it works like this the developers program and they create the game according to the highest specs setting they don't go through the game and individually place everything for 4 or 5 different graphics settings, so anything more than the max is unintended for how they wanted to do it but they put into a computer and the computer decides okay you take this stuff here way and it does that. Take a look at Crysis on maximum and then take a look at Crysis on the lowest setting and tell me that if they didn't make the game for the lowest setting it wouldn't look worlds better than what lowest setting its, not saying they should make the games look good I'm not saying they shouldn't what I'm saying is that they should take the highest and graphics card that single chip and figure out what they can do with that card and that is what they develop for. Not over placing things in the game and maybe 2 or 3 years later a graphics card comes out that can actually handle the damn game. But again that's an unpopular position that I have offended some of you and I'm sure my post will get down voted just for having this position that you should program was in what can actually be done on a computer now without buying an insane computer.

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
I loved Homefront. So much better than ANYTHING the Call Of Duty franchise had to offer. Bad part was almost no one played multiplayer. I hope it gets more publicity and does better than the original

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Crytek will certainly do better, I have Homefront and I never liked how that game ran, it was very unoptimized, reminded me of Cryostasis and that game definitely had some piss poor coding.

[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]...and NO F---ing thanks , i don't see why you uber rich geeks think companies should cater only to you. i bought crysis 1 back when it came out , and I still can't get the damn thing to run smooth after upgrading from a dual core to a quad core , and about 4 different video card upgrades later. in fact i'm not thrilled at all about crytek wanting to "blow up our pcs" with cyrsis 3 F--- That . i'd rather have a game that runs smooth at max setting than one that arbitrarily makes me go through multiple (main stream) pc upgrades just to run the game half-a--ed[/citation]

Instead of assuming everyone is an Uber rich PC geek why don't you try learning how to use a gaming PC in the first place? I bought Crysis on the first week it came out and I was playing it with a Q6600 @ 2.4ghz and a freaking 8800gt... you do realize you have something called "Advanced Graphic Settings" In the game menu right? FYI, that's the thing you use when you're not getting adequate fps on your game.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]you mean crysis 2 , and NO F---ing thanks , i don't see why you uber rich geeks think companies should cater only to you. i bought crysis 1 back when it came out , and I still can't get the damn thing to run smooth after upgrading from a dual core to a quad core , and about 4 different video card upgrades later.[/citation]

You must be an idiot, then. I was a poor uni student and I still managed to squeeze over 30FPS out of an old 256mb x1950 Pro on Crysis, back in the day.

[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]in fact i'm not thrilled at all about crytek wanting to "blow up our pcs" with cyrsis 3 F--- That . i'd rather have a game that runs smooth at max setting than one that arbitrarily makes me go through multiple (main stream) pc upgrades just to run the game half-a--ed[/citation]

Wish granted, thanks to consoles holding the gaming industry back with their pathetic specifications. If you haven't noticed, the rate of improvement in games has all but stalled in recent years, so the games will still be able to run on the consoles. Advances in computers resulted in the hype of various awesome-sounding game tech (deformable environments, massive quantities of AI, advanced physics engines) becoming, for the most part, bits of tinsel draped around the otherwise vanilla console experience, because the consoles could not support the system requirements.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
[citation][nom]25gtt[/nom]Great another potential console port for a potentially good game like what they are doing to the new Crysis.,Come on Crytek, give this game the graphics potential Crysis could have had![/citation]

HomeFront 2 is a Next Gen title, so you wont see it for the current gen. It is being developed for DX11 from ground up.

As far as Crytek goes, Crysis 3 looks phenomenal, so they have listened to their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS