Crytek's Homefront Sequel Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

myromance123

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Homefront: The Revolution is slated for release for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 in 2015.
Did you just purposefully omit Linux and Mac from that statement? It was clear on their site, yet you omit it here. Why? This is very unprofessional.

EDIT: I apologize. It would seem no one wants this information written explicitly except me.

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
I'm frankly amazed that absolutely no-one else spots the irony of this series. It's America basically getting up in front of a Camera and going: "HEY, KOREA! WOULDN'T IT BE TERRIBLE IF SOMEONE INVADED YOUR COUNTRY FOR THEIR OWN POLITICAL ENDS AND MASSACRED THE PEOPLE LIVING THERE IN A BRUTAL AND BLOODY WAR? I MEAN, IT WOULD JUST BE-, wait, what's that? Oh, really? Awkward."

OMGPWNTIME

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
I'm frankly amazed that absolutely no-one else spots the irony of this series. It's America basically getting up in front of a Camera and going: "HEY, KOREA! WOULDN'T IT BE TERRIBLE IF SOMEONE INVADED YOUR COUNTRY FOR THEIR OWN POLITICAL ENDS AND MASSACRED THE PEOPLE LIVING THERE IN A BRUTAL AND BLOODY WAR? I MEAN, IT WOULD JUST BE-, wait, what's that? Oh, really? Awkward."

While I would hope any sane person would agree that any war of any kind is brutal, bloody and outright horrible, it doesn't seem you actually know the circumstances of the Korean war of the early 1950's. North Korea invaded the democratic South, and NATO (Not just America) came to their defense. If NATO wanted to invade then MacArthur would not have been sacked and they would have allowed him to continue fighting all the way into China and start WWIII. There is a reason NATO withdrew back to the South and put the borders back where they basically were at the 38th parallel.

On a brighter note, I very much enjoyed Homefront's storyline and while the multiplayer was terrible, I think that Crytek and their direction will bring about a great Homefront sequel as it deserves.

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
While I would hope any sane person would agree that any war of any kind is brutal, bloody and outright horrible, it doesn't seem you actually know the circumstances of the Korean war of the early 1950's. North Korea invaded the democratic South, and NATO (Not just America) came to their defense. If NATO wanted to invade then MacArthur would not have been sacked and they would have allowed him to continue fighting all the way into China and start WWIII. There is a reason NATO withdrew back to the South and put the borders back where they basically were at the 38th parallel.

On a brighter note, I very much enjoyed Homefront's storyline and while the multiplayer was terrible, I think that Crytek and their direction will bring about a great Homefront sequel as it deserves.

(Yeah, I know that the Korean war was one of the U.S.'s less cunty ones. But still....)

coolitic

Distinguished
May 10, 2012
Knowing Crytek, we will need modders to make the anti-cheat for them AGAIN, since crytek fails at anti cheat.

Apart from that, this might be good.

then tell me why linux/mac is not a "PC" in your book? or did you believe mac campaign than different computer with different OS is not a PC?

myromance123

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
then tell me why linux/mac is not a "PC" in your book? or did you believe mac campaign than different computer with different OS is not a PC?

I would have figured that this would be something major, as it would mean Crytek are officially supporting and using their own Linux and Mac export functionality in their engine for their own projects.

I apologize, I guess it wasn't important to anyone in the end.

Michael Whitaker

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014

I would have figured that this would be something major, as it would mean Crytek are officially supporting and using their own Linux and Mac export functionality in their engine for their own projects.

Did you not even read the fellows comment above?

A PC is a Personal Computer. It does not describe any single operating system. As such, the term PC covers any OS, hence why they used the term, not just 'Windows'.

Therefore, it is not the article author that is wrong, it is you. If your going to apologise, do it for the correct reason, not make up some bullshit claim that it wasnt important to anyone.

In any case, this game looks fantastic. A welcomed change in storyline in comparison to the original.

Kieran Warren

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
Just a note guys, this is a different studio to the main studio that worked on Crysis games. This is developed by Crytek UK. So could be completely different to crysis with support and stuff like that.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I’ve already vowed to never buy another Crytek developed game. They are the absolute worst company when it comes to support. They abandon games within the first few months of release and leave the community bickering about the unbalanced aspects they leave behind. They make beautiful games, it’s a shame they don’t stick around to make sure they’re optimized and balanced for the long haul. I’m done supporting a company that doesn’t support me back.

I actually bought the Homefront game over a year ago through one of those Amazon bundled game deals and just got a chance to play it through a couple of months ago. It took about three hours a day for three or four days. It was a fun game and I liked the storyline. It could have been longer, but I couldn't complain for the deal I got on it.

I'm a little leery of a game like this going open-world. Whenever games go open-world (how do you take a single-player shooter with a real story line and truly go open-world?), there is a risk of them being full of repetition (ie go here and shoot this, rinse and repeat). I hope they do this right. Maybe open world similar to Fallout 3 where you can do as you please but you're strongly guided and encouraged to follow along with the story line. That may be the best example of an open-world "shooter" I've seen.

Zepid

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

No offense, but we all already know Crytek has ported their engine to Mac and Linux. They announced that the project was nearing completion in March and said they wouldn't publish their sub service until it was at a reasonably complete state for developers. And it was just added to steam so guess what that means? Full cross-platform support in CryEngine. Remarking on it from that day forward when referencing a title that will release on PC is a moot point from then onward.

Zepid

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I’ve already vowed to never buy another Crytek developed game. They are the absolute worst company when it comes to support. They abandon games within the first few months of release and leave the community bickering about the unbalanced aspects they leave behind. They make beautiful games, it’s a shame they don’t stick around to make sure they’re optimized and balanced for the long haul. I’m done supporting a company that doesn’t support me back.

That is hardcore ignorance right there. CryEngine games have incredible support directly from the core engine development team, they even help push patches. If you are playing on console then that is your fault. Not only that but this is Crytek UK, which was formerly known as Freeradical - you know that small studio that made games no-on-ever-heard-about called Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark 64, Timesplitters 1-3, and so on. They certainly don't know anything about fun or have a standard of excellence that has stood the test of time! You're such a hero for ignorantly mouthing off like the rest of the hate machine! Bravo~

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I don't play console, I play PC. I'm referring to Crysis 2 and Crysis 3, both of which are Crytek. I'm speaking on behalf of Crytek as a company, they drop support for their games very quickly. If Crytek UK can prove different, I'd be happy to witness. Otherwise, I'll continue to not buy Crytek branded games until I can see they're going to support it. I like how you bash my opinion, yet push yours like it's better. You're the ignorant, and hypocritical, hate machine... bravo to you, sir.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

That is hardcore ignorance right there. CryEngine games have incredible support directly from the core engine development team, they even help push patches. If you are playing on console then that is your fault. Not only that but this is Crytek UK, which was formerly known as Freeradical - you know that small studio that made games no-on-ever-heard-about called Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark 64, Timesplitters 1-3, and so on. They certainly don't know anything about fun or have a standard of excellence that has stood the test of time! You're such a hero for ignorantly mouthing off like the rest of the hate machine! Bravo~

Nice little write up. That team is even more legendary than I thought. Time Splitters 3 was the only reason why I bought an Xbox and I dont feel Im alone in that I should explain my experience with 007/perfect dark.

f-14

Distinguished

you severely disappoint me in a darth vader sort of fashion. the problems in equitorial nations goes back atleast a few hundred years with colonial ism and korea's and vietnams " arab spring"

more video games should be modeled on these historical conflicts with everything after the opening left open by a world wide player base to decide or even regional division options to see how people would play this out.

HomeFront is really capturing the divided american spirit and political manipulation not seen such thus bad since the civil war.
i hope the game opens up with this american quote:
The jaws of power are always open to devour, and her arm is always stretched out, if possible, to destroy the freedom of thinking, speaking, and writing.
John Adams

myromance123

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Therefore, it is not the article author that is wrong, it is you. If your going to apologise, do it for the correct reason, not make up some bullshit claim that it wasnt important to anyone.

In the past, Crytek's CryEngine PC support meant Windows only. I honestly thought it was important to note, but you have made it doubly clear it wasn't. Thus, it wasn't important to anyone but me. You have made your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.