CS GO causes slow pc

saternal

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
I started playing cs go recently and after several games have been encountering game crash during loading or when exiting the program. I will then be forced to ctrl alt del and manually terminate the unresponsive cs go.

The main problem I have is that my pc will still be working on the desktop but when I try to access a web page from google chrome, the page will continue to load endlessly without actually going to the intended page. Most programs will also be loading very slow.

When I try to shut down the pc, the pc will just keep displaying the logging off screen. I have tried waiting for 15 mins but it still doesn't shut down. The pc doesn't freeze but it just seems to be freakishly slow every time after cs go freezes. I have tried doing everything suggested in steam forums and have even reinstalled windows and reformatted my pc. It will be fine for a few games but will revert back to same problem eventually.

I am on windows 7 and my pc specs as follows:

Intel i7 4790
Asus h97 pro gamer
Samsung 850 evo 256g
Seagate barracuda 2tb
Msi gtx 760
Seasonic m12 ii 750w
Gskill ripjaws 8gb cl9 1866

The pc was built my self and is barely 2 months old. Is there a problem with my hardware or is it a software issue? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Considering you say you've formatted windows, it's quite possibly hardware related at this point.

I can't figure out what part exactly may be causing this but I'm going to focus on the SSD right now, I assume you've installed Samsung Magician and verified everything here looks healthy with he SSD.

Write/read speeds
Firmware

warhead0

Distinguished
Considering you say you've formatted windows, it's quite possibly hardware related at this point.

I can't figure out what part exactly may be causing this but I'm going to focus on the SSD right now, I assume you've installed Samsung Magician and verified everything here looks healthy with he SSD.

Write/read speeds
Firmware

Solution

saternal

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
Yup I do have samsung magician installed and have checked that everything is running fine. But there is 1 problem I encountered though. When I go to resource monitor disc tab, after the game hangs, I can't see a single thing running there. Cpu, memory and network reflects some processes but nothing whatsoever is reflected in disc tab. I still can access my c drive though.

TRENDING THREADS