CS:GO problems with my newly built W10 machine.

Arthasdmc

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2015
Hey. So I've built myself a new PC few days ago, 6600K (stock), 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz, GTX 750 ti. And I'm experiencing some problems on Windows 10.

When I launch CS:GO I get a black screen and it freezes the game completely, CTRL+ALT+DELETE works, but the mouse is still in CS:GO. And after a minute or so it resumes, CS:GO starts working.

And also sometimes I get a total PC freeze because of CS:GO. It's random, might happen after few hours of playing or whatnot. Meaning that CTRL+ALT+DELETE doesn't work and I can't even reset my PC. I have to turn it off and on again.

• I did not OC my CPU, and it's running on a Cooler Master 212 EVO on stock clocks, because there's no point on doing that with a 750 Ti. So my CPU temperature while playing is ~40. Also the iGPU is disabled.

My RAM isn't faulty either, I did a full test with MemTest86, no errors found. 16 GB on dual channel.

Next up the GPU, don't think that one either, did not experience problems and I don't think it would cause system freeze. And the temps at load are ~65.

I also updated my BIOS to the latest beta version. Same problem persists even after updating. (Asrock Z170 Gaming Fatal1ty K4, UEFI 7.10)

So I think there's some sort of problem with CS:GO. Did anyone else had this? Anyone know what it might be?

P.S.

Did a clean re-install of CS:GO. The first time it booted, it booted normally, as it should. Then I quit and added some launch options such as -high -novid and -threads 4. And when I launched it second time, the problem appeared again... Okay, so playing in WINDOWED or Full Screen Windowed solves the black screen issue, but I can't control the brightness because of it, so I would like to play in full screen. And also I did not test long enough to see if that fixed the freeze issue.

P.P.S.

Where the F@%$ is the config file located too? I want to change the viewmodel fov and position, I did that in csgo/cfg and in userdata. And it still does not work.

Arthasdmc

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2015

My PSU is Corsair CX550M.