CS Online Degree

logox

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
I am a sophomore at a local community college majoring in Computer Science. My GPA is 3.9 and I believe that I can make it at any college, but with financial difficulties (along with many family problems) it seems as if an online degree would be the best option at the moment. I am a little worried that I would not receive as much interest from companies if I obtained an online degree. So my question is this, are online CS degrees worth/valued as much as degrees from a university?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Solution
Online degrees are almost universally worthless. There are many aspects of a rounded education including presentation and communication skills that can only be learned or evaluated effectively in a classroom setting.

If the finances are a bit much for you to handle right now you may want to look into pursuing a career for a few years or even seeking a scholarship based on your GPA and financial situation.
Online degrees are almost universally worthless. There are many aspects of a rounded education including presentation and communication skills that can only be learned or evaluated effectively in a classroom setting.

If the finances are a bit much for you to handle right now you may want to look into pursuing a career for a few years or even seeking a scholarship based on your GPA and financial situation.

Solution