Question Csgo freezes my entie computer

Darkshock

Honorable
Feb 27, 2017
This has been happening ever since i upgraded to a ryzen 5 about a year ago. At ine point it would happen wvery game so i gave up. I tried a lot of things. I tried repairing the game, uninstall reinstall, malwarebytes, ccleaner etc. I recently found out i had a <Mod Edit> load of outdated drivers after i was having audio issues all around so i updated every single one. I eventually got the audio sorted out. I reinstalled csgo and 2 out kf the 3 gamesran perfectly. On the 3ed game, my entire computer froze again. I couldnt reconnect. Is it my motherboard or is there somthing i can do on the software side of things.

Last edited by a moderator:

DSzymborski

Titan
We don't ask for full specs around here on a whim; we need to know what equipment is being used.

It's best practice to do a full wipe-and-reinstall with a major hardware upgrade; Windows 10 installs are not modular in this way unless you have a very specific Windows-to-Go version. Windows 10 tries to cope when people cut corners, because, well, that's what people do, but when you actually run into a problem after skipping this step, the first thing to do is always to bite the bullet and do it properly. It's hard to diagnose any further as long as you're running a jury-rigged operating system. Properly installing Windows 10 is the next step.

Darkshock

Honorable
Feb 27, 2017
We don't ask for full specs around here on a whim; we need to know what equipment is being used.

It's best practice to do a full wipe-and-reinstall with a major hardware upgrade; Windows 10 installs are not modular in this way unless you have a very specific Windows-to-Go version. Windows 10 tries to cope when people cut corners, because, well, that's what people do, but when you actually run into a problem after skipping this step, the first thing to do is always to bite the bullet and do it properly. It's hard to diagnose any further as long as you're running a jury-rigged operating system. Properly installing Windows 10 is the next step.
Ill try that when i get a spare flash drive. I also forgot to mention its only csgo. It did happen with dota a couple of times but if you look at tf2, lol, fortnite, halo mce, destiny, minecraft, etc it never crashes. Its just wierd that its csgo specifically

Darkshock

Honorable
Feb 27, 2017
Ill try that when i get a spare flash drive. I also forgot to mention its only csgo. It did happen with dota a couple of times but if you look at tf2, lol, fortnite, halo mce, destiny, minecraft, etc it never crashes. Its just wierd that its csgo specifically
I tried this and dota crashed in the same was as csgo. Id imagine csgo also does this. Its specifically those 2 ganes. I never had any issues with any of my other games. Some of them are current gen games lile gta, destiny, arkham knight (im having a dialogue issue at the end where its non-existent but it at least runs flawlessly), etc. Is it my mobo. Just to clarify is a msi x470 gaming plus

Darkshock

Honorable
Feb 27, 2017

I tried this and dota crashed in the same was as csgo. Id imagine csgo also does this. Its specifically those 2 ganes. I never had any issues with any of my other games. Some of them are current gen games lile gta, destiny, arkham knight (im having a dialogue issue at the end where its non-existent but it at least runs flawlessly), etc. Is it my mobo. Just to clarify is a msi x470 gaming plus