CSGO ping just won't go down

G

I have tried almost everything, every possible solution. Tried commands, tried switching off the WiFi on every gadget in my house that uses and have even tried customizing Maximum Matchmaking ping but the ping in Counter Strike just won't go down. I used to have a good ping like 40-60 or sometimes 90-120 (this is the highest I've ever got) but now whenever I connect to any server, casual or competitive, the ping would gradually rise to 150-200. It has been happening to me for the last 3 days and I can't figure out a solution. Please help. Thanks.

kasol kay

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
There's an option to not pick servers without high Ping in the Menu's, but it's likely Volvo's severs. I had an occasion where both teams had lag spikes to about 300 Ping including me. Not fun when you're playing at Legendary Eagle. Especially when you can't even buy after a losing round or can' plant the C4 explosive! Good luck :3

Spencer_10

Respectable
May 17, 2016
Are you using Wifi? if so this may be why.
If not and you are hard wired, your ISPs DNS may be overloaded.

Try changing your DNS in windows for a short while to check. for example google's public eu one is 8 8 4 4 and USA one is 8 8 8 8.
It can make ping worse though, but its easy to revert.

kasol kay

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
I didn't read it all the way my bad. Go to your local PC store and get the longest Ethernet cable there. If you're thinking there's no way my Roomates/GF/Parents will tolerate that shit, just believe.

Spencer_10

Respectable
May 17, 2016

HAHA yes..
or drill through the walls.

Powerline homeplugs may be a better option though , but they can cause there own problems too.

G

@kaso kay: Yes I am aware of that option. Its in the 'Game settings' tab and I've tried many times already.

@Spencer_10: I am actually using a modem connected to my PC through a wire/cable (whatever it is called) and the Internet cable is connected to the modem in its particular port.

G

Okay, I'll try that.

Update: No luck. It just drops down from 150 to 140-145...

Spencer_10

Respectable
May 17, 2016
Are you on a Dynamic IP? if so your ISP may of put you on a overloaded IP address. whatsmyip online , make a note of your public IP address.

Then Turn off your modem or cable modems all of them for 5 mins.
Turn back on then recheck to see if your IP has changed.

G

IP changed..

G

Oh you want me to try with that? Lemme do that..

Update: Not much of a luck..It dropped down from 140 to 130-135 and sometimes just hops up to 140-150. Plus, I don't know why in the world it would take forever to find servers if I set the Maximum Matchmaking ping from 150 to some other (Like 50, 101, 100, 90 etc.)

Update 2: The pings seems to go down late in the night, around 3-4 AM. Stays low until the morning and early afternoon but after 4 PM it jumps up high around 100-150.