[SOLVED] CTR 2.0 RC5 not working properly with my Ryzen 5 5600x

Krist Kraja

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2014
First of all here's an image of what's going on:
View: https://imgur.com/a/M64BtLM

Today i tought maybe it's time to check what 5600x sample i got, how much extra performance i can pull from it, etc.
I did the installation quite correctly i think, extracted CTR 2.0 RC5, opened it, went to CB20, extracted all CB20 stuff into it replacing existing files, opened it to accept all the agreement and then went into CTR 2.0.
Already installed and opened Ryzen Master, i checked if virtualization was on but i wasn't.
Turned LLC VRAM and CPU to Turbo mode (i think was the correct option? Aorus X570 Elite have a quite a confusing bios).
Basically i start it and as you can see from the picture the cores frequencies are not shown, when i click on "Diagnostic" it starts cinebench R20 for a single run, then stays like this forever. Cpu usage is low so i don't think he's doing any stuff, it's just blocked like this.
If close the program during this state (blocked after the first C20 run), when i re-open it says "Congratulations, you've got a platinum sample" with some profiles suggested. Is this normal? What's going on with this CTR?

System specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570
RAM: TridentZ Neo 3600Mhz CL16
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
CPU Cooler: Arctic Esports Duo 34
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming x3 1660 super
PSU: Sharkoon WPM Gold Zero 550w

Solution
I use a different version of CTR as I am on Patreon but as far as I am aware, there is a guide as to what you can enable/disable in BIOS but as long as the curve optimiser is switched off, the other changes are not critical. I did notice on your screenshot that it says 'number of existing CCD-2' which means you could have one of the rarer 5600X's that have 2 CCD. I believe there was an issue with earlier versions of CTR with these 5600X's but Yuri has patched these problems with later releases of CTR, (im not sure if the 2.0 one has the fix?)
I use a different version of CTR as I am on Patreon but as far as I am aware, there is a guide as to what you can enable/disable in BIOS but as long as the curve optimiser is switched off, the other changes are not critical. I did notice on your screenshot that it says 'number of existing CCD-2' which means you could have one of the rarer 5600X's that have 2 CCD. I believe there was an issue with earlier versions of CTR with these 5600X's but Yuri has patched these problems with later releases of CTR, (im not sure if the 2.0 one has the fix?)

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS