Ctrl alt del Doesn't work

spacemanjupiter

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Sometimes when I have software running, such was the case with Grand Theft Auto 5, ctrl alt del did absolutely nothing. Alt f4 nothing. Everything I tried did NOTHING. I was stuck at the settings screen of the game. I just can't believe that in 2017 MS doesn't have a fail safe that actually works. Ctrl alt del worked better in win7 and winxp than it does in win10. Is there a secret james bond thing that takes place of ctrl alt del that I don't know about that works? If so I'll apologize for my rant here. I'm getting tired of this scenario with fully updated win10.

Solution
You know, if you ever come to a situation like that, you can just press and hold "windows key + Tab" and press "New Desktop" in the lower right corner and open up the task manager from there and shut down any task you want from there

spacemanjupiter

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
I kind of found a solution. This is a bit complex, apologies. I took both hands and just randomly ran them over my whole keyboard right before throwing my chair through the monitor, which I didn't do in the end. Suddenly my login screen came up extremely zoomed in. I hit f11, or something like that, to get the zoom turned off and logged back in all the while my music was still playing. I hope my method solves everyone's problem in the future with failed ctrl alt del and win10. This may save a lot of people some grief.... Have a wonderful holiday weekend and you have my permission to post this wonderful method to all the windows sites, gaming, software sites, etc.. I (heroically) refuse to take credit for the incredible method I've devised and insist that this remain public domain knowledge.

Lukabrlek

Reputable
Jul 2, 2017
You know, if you ever come to a situation like that, you can just press and hold "windows key + Tab" and press "New Desktop" in the lower right corner and open up the task manager from there and shut down any task you want from there

Solution