Ctrl D is lagging in games

Lazardus

Reputable
May 14, 2016
Hello everyone, recently i got my self new laptop, and probably the last few days when i am playing shooter games or any game i need to crouch and move only on Ctrl+D it lags, i can ctrl anything and not lag, only on the CTRL+D. it is getting annoying and i hope there is a fix, and i dont need to send the laptop for a fix :c
Specs:
I7 8750
16gb ram
rtx 2070 (not max q)

I dont have any lags. not in internet and not in fps in games because of my specs, my memory never reaches 100% nor cpu and gpu. what could be the reason?? :C

Reactions: alumbelino

N3ON47

Prominent
May 4, 2019
Hello everyone, recently i got my self new laptop, and probably the last few days when i am playing shooter games or any game i need to crouch and move only on Ctrl+D it lags, i can ctrl anything and not lag, only on the CTRL+D. it is getting annoying and i hope there is a fix, and i dont need to send the laptop for a fix :c
Specs:
I7 8750
16gb ram
rtx 2070 (not max q)

I dont have any lags. not in internet and not in fps in games because of my specs, my memory never reaches 100% nor cpu and gpu. what could be the reason?? :C
wow i'm so glad i ran into a post like this, been having the exact same issue for the past few days now and i've tried almost anything i could find...
running several commands in command prompt
trying new keyboard
trying to change usb ports
trying with only keyboard connected
tried keyboard driver/firmware update

- there probably are a lot more but i cant think of them at the moment

i have to add however that i have only noticed it for most of my games but not all of them, for example it lags for
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Half Life 1-2
Halo Master Chief Collection
and also lags in browser when i simply press it then try to add several more "D"
letters, also checked keyboard tester website and CTRL + D also lags there

However in games like
Escape from Tarkov
Quake 4
Horizon Zero Dawn
i didnt notice any of this weird lag/floaty feel to CTRL D

my specs are similar to yours:
i5-8600k
16gm ram
msi rtx 2070

(maybe windows update problem...?)

Reactions: alumbelino