Cuba Declares War on Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

hop

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Or smoking some good cuban crack. Windows will dominate for many more years, yes it's buggy, yes it's not that great, but Microsoft's pocket is too deep.

PrangeWay

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
"Private software can have black holes and malicious codes that one doesn't know about. That doesn't happen with free software,"

Um... For a end user, who doesn't know anything about code, I don't think this could be anymore farther from the truth... I'm positive the government issued linux will have no malicious code, or monitoring software built in... right? right?

Aiyiyi! Lucy...? You have a lot 'splainin' to do. The Qben leadership has no reason to live other than to demonstrate human stupidity and fail trying to spread 20th century communism. Cigar?

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
"Private software can have black holes and malicious codes that one doesn't know about. That doesn't happen with free software," said Rodriguez.

Umm sure okay if you say so. Let me give you some of my "Free" software. I promise I didn't give myself backdoor access to your network.

In related news MS anticpates a drop in pirated copies of Windows.
Folks US companies cannot sell to Cuba so they were getting this through other means so I'm not sure why this would be a big deal other than showing a trend for Linux and to show how little freedom some people still have in the world when they can't even choose for themselves what OS they use.

Americans use Windows, therefore Windows is evil. However, what the Cubans fail to realize is that Americans also eat, sleep, and live. By Cuba's logic, all Cuban people should stop eating, sleeping, and living, because it is most definitly American.

G

I remember they already tried this... a while ago :-\
Either that or I've been dreaming of the future again *sigh*

SAL-e

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
How sad is this article. I have no sympathy for communist leaders in Cuba, but why the heck Tomshardware.com publish propaganda ?!
The best policy is to ignore it. What ever the problem in Cuba is, it's not going to be solved by Linux or any other OS.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
>_> Linux is also a US created OS. What they should do is make their own operating system so the world can laugh at the Cuban National Operating System. Unless its good then we can all steal it.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]In related news MS anticpates a drop in pirated copies of Windows. Folks US companies cannot sell to Cuba so they were getting this through other means...[/citation]
Those other means are probably Microsoft selling resalable licenses to some foreign country, who then resells them in Cuba. Just because there is an embargo on Cuba doesn't mean people are pirating their copy of Windows.

For one thing, the embargo is older than the CPU, but somehow these people still have computers. They must all be running Sony PS3s, because Motorolla, IBM, Intel, and AMD are all American companys, meaning no modern CPU can be sold to Cuba. How does Cuba get modern american computers, but not modern american cars?

[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]>_> Cuban National Operating System. [/citation]

"CNOS...the new DOS!"

Ha, what a great line. That'll be a new ad for it, mark my words.
Then I can sue them.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
The only thing good coming out of Cuba are cigars and even they are not worth the hassle anymore.

I would really like to know where their processors are coming from. They are getting rid of "American OS" but they will be running Linux, powered by Intel! Too funny.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
The main problem for Cuba is that Windows is closed-source and they are paranoid about CIA back-doors. Mandating a particular OS for government is not all that outrageous but doing so for the whole country is a bad idea. There are other open-source alternatives like BSD and Solaris.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]frozenlead[/nom]Americans use Windows, therefore Windows is evil. However, what the Cubans fail to realize is that Americans also eat, sleep, and live. By Cuba's logic, all Cuban people should stop eating, sleeping, and living, because it is most definitly American.[/citation]

Especially eating. We Americans love eating!

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
"The free software movement is closer to the ideology of the Cuban people, above all for the independence and sovereignty." -Hector Rodriguez

oh...yea...you all are clearly free and all about independence. That must be why so many Cubans paddle small, crappy rafts, 90 miles across the ocean to come chill with your sworn enemies. Idiot.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
"The free software movement is closer to the ideology of the Cuban people, above all for the independence and sovereignty." -Hector Rodriguez

BUT THEY HAVE TO USE IT !!!!! **Cough** Communist

G

falchard :
">_> Linux is also a US created OS. What they should do is make their own operating system so the world can laugh at the Cuban National Operating System. Unless its good then we can all steal it."

the original linux was designed in finland. the present linux is desinged all over the world

G

The Nuke comment was out of line. People actually live there in Cuba. Real people, good people.

Deki_R

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]Cuba who? Can't we just accidentially nuke them, make it an accident or something, who would complain?[/citation]
Idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.