Question Curious four beep issue - Asus

deadalewives

Honorable
Feb 1, 2015
Hey everyone. I've noticed something off with my computer since I upgraded. So everything works fine, boots up to Windows and everything...except I can't enter BIOS. Every time I try (after tapping delete or F2) I get one long beep followed by two short beeps. The screen stays black until it loads up Windows (which loads up normally. It doesn't load up slowly or anything). I've never seen a situation where Windows loads fine but not BIOS. Anyone have a clue what's going on? I'm using an Asus X570-P.

*Correction, I meant to say one long beep followed by four short beeps

deadalewives

Honorable
Feb 1, 2015
Hrm. When I click the link it just takes me to the registration page (and yes, I do have a registered Asus account).

NVM. Got it to work (the link that is). I'll recheck (for like a third time) to make sure all the fans are plugged in in the right area, but I'm fairly certain everything is where it should be, but the thing is I don't get a CPU fan error message. It only does this when I try to enter BIOS. If I restart normally everything's fine. This thread doesn't tell me why I wouldn't be able to enter BIOS either.

Last edited:

deadalewives

Honorable
Feb 1, 2015
Well I still don't really know what the issue was. I re-seated my GPU and my RAM and also reset BIOS and I was finally able to get back to it without the beep error. It might have had something to do with the automatic over-clock I started in BIOS, but again - if there was an issue there why wouldn't my system just crash back to BIOS? And why would I not be able to enter BIOS at all, but be able to boot up Windows just fine? And yes, I did put my system through extensive stress testing to make sure the OC didn't cause an issue and monitored my temps closely.