Curious to just how durable my PC / Monitor is ! :)

RyanDotDot

Honorable
Nov 18, 2015
I have a L shaped decent sized desk and my main PC tower is on one side sitting atop the desk and on the other is his setup that I prepared for him with a spare computer I had. During down times when were having some beers and enjoying some games he just tends to be a huge clutz and will always bump/raddle/knock into the desk or chairs when getting up to leave. It's like he is oblivious to whats around him sometimes. What I'm curious is if this can damage any components in my tower or with my monitor setup cause I just got a new BenQ monitor and the last thing I need is for him to mess something up lol ! Just curious really to how durable both my PC and monitor is whether or not it be my GPU etc etc or something delicate inside the expensive monitor ! Thank you for any and all help / advice !

Solution
PCs tend to be pretty durable. Bumps on the table/desk wouldn't worry me all that much. Hard bumps... I'd get worried, but not about the electrical, the mechanical, fan blades bumping the side and blades coming off, HDDs can't take a lot of hard hits, but they can take minor bumps without too much trouble. If the computer is off while he's running into things that would be the best practice. Maybe switch mechanical HDDs for SSDs, no moving parts, less to worry about going wrong when he hits it. But ya, minor bumps, Ok. Major bumps, try to limit them as bestest you can. Put a jar on the desk and every time he runs into it, put a dollar in just in case.
PCs tend to be pretty durable. Bumps on the table/desk wouldn't worry me all that much. Hard bumps... I'd get worried, but not about the electrical, the mechanical, fan blades bumping the side and blades coming off, HDDs can't take a lot of hard hits, but they can take minor bumps without too much trouble. If the computer is off while he's running into things that would be the best practice. Maybe switch mechanical HDDs for SSDs, no moving parts, less to worry about going wrong when he hits it. But ya, minor bumps, Ok. Major bumps, try to limit them as bestest you can. Put a jar on the desk and every time he runs into it, put a dollar in just in case.

Solution