Current PC comparison to Xbox One

bradwitt

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Hi all,

I have an Xbox one and my question is this...

If I had a top-end graphics card in a PC, would I have been looking at Xbox One style graphics over the last couple of years? Or is the Xbox graphically superior when it comes to current release titles?

For example, if I purchased FIFA 14 now for a top-end PC, would it look as good if not better than it does on an Xbox one?

Thanks,

Solution
Well FIFA 14 specifically it will look worse on PC than it does on xbox one since the engine used by EA to create the PC version is the same as the one used for xbox 360 and ps3. This would result in crappier textures and animations on the pc version of FIFA 14. For other games though it is a different matter as most new games for PC have better textures and take advantage of other features afforded to PC because of its greater power. You could possibly build a PC for 500 that would rival/beat the graphics on a XBOX one, but you would have to do some digging for the appropriate parts.
The computer games look better always if you ask me on the pc then a consol you have giggabytes of ram to work with higher clock speeds better cpu and data transfer rates... and you can also make your system hook up to your front room tv and play your games on it like you do with a xbox or ps4... They are fine for what they are but in my world pc games are the shit!

bradwitt

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Thanks both,

So cost-wise, would you be able to build a PC for say around £500 that would offer better visuals than those of an xbox?

Thanks,

Edit: What graphics card would I find in my xbox one??

Jul 26, 2013
Right now the XBox one is about as capable as as a mid-high end gaming pc but PCs will get more and more powerfull as time goes on but the XBox one/PS4 will stay as they are. PC games do have a slight graphical advantage at the moment though. I'd say PC.

circularpromise53

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2013

I say build a PC that costs more so that you don't have to buy mediocre hardware. The cost of PC gaming is more upfront, however much cheaper over time. No monthly fee to pay online, the amazing sales on games (ive only spent around 400$ for my 117 steam games, that includes AAA titles), and complete freedom of the device. Budget a little more for the PC and you will have a machine that smokes the PS4 and Xbone.

chitradev

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Well FIFA 14 specifically it will look worse on PC than it does on xbox one since the engine used by EA to create the PC version is the same as the one used for xbox 360 and ps3. This would result in crappier textures and animations on the pc version of FIFA 14. For other games though it is a different matter as most new games for PC have better textures and take advantage of other features afforded to PC because of its greater power. You could possibly build a PC for 500 that would rival/beat the graphics on a XBOX one, but you would have to do some digging for the appropriate parts.

Solution

bradwitt

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Really helpful all, thanks very much. I think I have an idea of what to do...

Looks like the xbox is going in the lounge to be hooked up with the virgin box...and I'll be building a PC for my gaming needs, pride of place in the bedroom...