Question Cursor lag and horrible connection

Jun 1, 2019
I just built a computer and for whatever reason whenever I go on twitch.tv, it’s constantly buffering and hardly works but it works on my laptop so I’m assuming it’s not internet related. In addition to that, my cursor will get locked up in the middle of my screen for periods of time and just has to fix itself. Nothing I can do (that I know of).

The cpu is overclocked to 4.5Ghz as of making this post. Could that be what’s causing the issue? If anyone can help or had this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Cpu - 6700k
Motherboard - msi krait gaming 3x z170
Gpu - msi gtx 1660
Cooler - h100i v2
Ram - 16gb Corsair vengeance 3200mz
Psu - evga 750W

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
let's address the elephant in the room.

you are overclocking a 6700K to 4.5GHz.

What voltage have you locked it in at?

Have you adjusted the LLC?

did you leave things like Intel turbo to auto?

Etc. etc.

Basically, what I'm getting at is that you may have an unstable overclock.

How exactly did you go about overclocking?
Did you do custom settings for a few things and do stress tests to make sure it was stable overclock, or did you just set the multiplier to 45 and hit OK and just started using the PC thinking it was all you had to do?

Jun 1, 2019
let's address the elephant in the room.

you are overclocking a 6700K to 4.5GHz.

What voltage have you locked it in at?

Have you adjusted the LLC?

did you leave things like Intel turbo to auto?

Etc. etc.

Basically, what I'm getting at is that you may have an unstable overclock.

How exactly did you go about overclocking?
Did you do custom settings for a few things and do stress tests to make sure it was stable overclock, or did you just set the multiplier to 45 and hit OK and just started using the PC thinking it was all you had to do?

I set the multiplier to 45 and that was it. Didn’t run any stress test. So you think the overclock is causing the issues?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador