Question Cursor lag when running secondary display ?

instawookie

Commendable
Jun 13, 2021
I'm pretty well stumped at this point I've been into cursor settings and display settings and I can't figure out why my cursor is acting like its hanging up when being moved across the screen. I'm not having an issue getting onto my mini display that's not the issue but on my main screen its not allowing me to have a smooth cursor movement across the display(this includes gaming) The issue does go away if I power off the 5inch display . Any ideas of the fix for this? My set up is a G502 Hero mouse and the displays would be a Gigabyte G27QC @ 165HZ 2650x1440 using a Display port and my secondary display is a Elecrow 5inch @60hHZ 800x480 using an HDMI port. GPU is a Gigabyte GV 3090. All I'm even trying to accomplish is using my 5 inch screen as a temperature monitor so if we got alternatives around it that's great too.

Ralston18

Titan
"Elecrow 5inch @60hHZ 800x480 using an HDMI port "

Drivers up to date?

Open Resource Monitor to observe system performance - first while just idling and doing nothing.

Then move the mouse and observe system resources. Look for some change that corresponds with the loss of smooth cursor movement.

Next power off the 5 inch display and look for other changes. Or something that no longer changes.

Task Manager can be used in much the same manner. Use Both Resource Monitor and Task Manager to look. Use only one at time.

instawookie

Commendable
Jun 13, 2021
I sadly think I got it resolved, it doesn't make much sense to me but I swapped hdmi cables to my mini display, I originally ordered a hdmi with a 90 degree end on it to use, swapped out to a higher quality hdmi with straight ends and everything seems to be fine.