Question Cursor movement lag, audio glitching, then black screen or blue screen ?

Oct 25, 2023
I need help i need to know which component is most likely to be causing this problem

My pc will have random lags, my audio starts glitching out at the same rate that my mouse is glitching out. My mouse input will be very laggy as if it dropped to 10 hz polling rate, and i will barely be able to move it or open / close programs. I am barely able to get to the task manager when this happens, but i dont notice anything weird in the task manager that would indicate what the issue is.

At first i thought it was just some widows thing, i havent factory reset in a while so i did that, still same issue, then i started to think it was my GPU because it would happen most often when i was gaming so i undervolted my gpu pretty hard dropped the temps by 13c down to almost what they are at idle while gaming but the issue still happened (now i realize this is a GAMING computer and thats what i spend most my time doing so it will happen most often while gaming most likely, so im not so sure anymore) but i have had previous issues with my gpu, randomly audio would cut off in games and then they would black screen, and other random crashes but i summed that up to amd drivers. But thats why i suspect my gpu so much. But i dont know if a gpu is capable of doing the issue i currently have especially since it happens even when its not under load and my gpu is undervolted / underclocked

It started to happen just randomly when browsing or even when i just turn my computer on and leave it on the log in screen it will sometimes iust blue screen. This issue started out rarely (like every few weeks or so and a restart would fix it) then became more and more common Sometimes it will work for a day or 2 no issues and sometimes it will happen often after first couple minutes of my pc being on or after hours. Honestly its just very random.

So i think now its either, 1. Still My gpu, 2. My power supply, 3. My SSD or 4. My motherboard (fairly old at this point and cheap) or 5. maybe my ram

Which would be most likely? If anyone has any idea any help would be appreciated. Dont want to buy something and the issue be something else.

If any more info is needed just ask i will provide it asap. I am not afraid to test things to get a better idea either.

Pc specs:

Ryzen 5 5600 cpu
Rx 5700xt gpu
A320-m gigabyte motherboard
600w BR EVGA power supply
ADATA SU635 512 GB SSD
16gb (2x 8gb) asgard 3200mhz ram.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Not sure the audio would be GPU drivers unless you using speakers in your monitor.

random bsod -
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

if you getting bsod, it sort of depends which ones. Some are hardware. some are drivers.

Oct 25, 2023
Not sure the audio would be GPU drivers unless you using speakers in your monitor.

random bsod -
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

if you getting bsod, it sort of depends which ones. Some are hardware. some are drivers.
BSOD is rare but happens, usually it will just lag / stutter for a long time until it finally gives out wnd crashes. But sometimes it will lag / stutter for a long time and its very unusable in that state, and i dont know when exactly it will crash. But i will try and do that. Any other ideas while i wait for it to BSOD?

If you think its not my GPU whats another prime suspect ? Im starting to think its either my ram or PSU.

Oct 25, 2023
I did some stress tests and now im even more confused. I used amd adrenaline software to stress test my GPU, and it started to stutter immediately and pretty badly. Soon as the test was over it stopped.

Then i did prime95 stress test for CPU RAM and it also stuttered but much less. Then i repeated the tests, doing CPU only no stutters, then i did the full test again and no stutters anymore? But gpu test stuttered instantly.

One thing i noticed with prime95 is originally the first test that causes the small stuttering had my SSD at 100% for some reason? The next repeat tests did not have this and didnt stutter. So now im confused.

Still guessing PSU or GPU but not sure.