[SOLVED] cursor stutters severely on certain games, doesn't seem to be a mouse issue.

Nov 19, 2019
my user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21855806

hey everyone,

for a while now, i've experienced VERY bad stutters on my mouse (logitech g pro wireless), stutters which are active more often than not when I'm playing certain games (the ones i've experienced this on are fortnite majorly, csgo also, as well as trove). i'd like to preface this by saying that i've tried common fixes to do with mouse acceleration and i have also experimented with different mice, both wired and wireless and sadly, the problem exists while using those mice also.

i've been unable to play these games for a number of months now and i've tried to troubleshoot this, having posted on similar forums in the past. however, i've since tried a lot more things and have been able to narrow down the possibilities surrounding the cause of the issue:

the stutters began as soon as i moved my pc setup to a new desk, when i also installed new headphones (arctis pro wireless) with new software (the steelseries engine 3). i don't think this is a coincidence. also, the issue occurs sometimes on osu when i turn on raw mouse input, but there is absolutely no problem when i turn it off. i suspect a software incompatibility between steelseries and logitech g hub, though this is probably unlikely. obviously, i have no true idea as to what's going on, which is why this post is being made again.

please, i just want to play fortnite with my old squad again ahahaha. thank you so much for any replies in advance <3

Solution
You moved the PC. It started there. Unless you dropped the case hard on the new desk, I don't see how something could have broke in there.

I would recommend you check if everything is properly seated or if a cable came loose.

You could try and uninstall the headphone software. You don't need your headphone for testing that.

Lutfij

Titan
First off, Userbenchmark is flawed and should be banned from existence. Second list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Including the age of the PSU and it's make and model.

Third, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Which version of the OS are you on?

Nov 19, 2019
First off, Userbenchmark is flawed and should be banned from existence. Second list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Including the age of the PSU and it's make and model.

Third, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Which version of the OS are you on?
thank you so much for the reply

cpu: intel i5 6600k
motherboard: msi z170a gaming m5
memory: corsair vengeance 16gb ddr3200
ssd/hdd: 1tb seagate barracude, 120gb samsung 750 evo
gpu: msi gtx1070
psu: evga supernova g2 750 80+ gold (3 years old now)
chassis: nzxt s340 mid tower

i'm not sure about bios update and os version, but it should all be the latest.

when i play games, my fps and everything is amazing, and ive run all these games with ease before, but it's just my cursor which is acting up

You moved the PC. It started there. Unless you dropped the case hard on the new desk, I don't see how something could have broke in there.

I would recommend you check if everything is properly seated or if a cable came loose.

You could try and uninstall the headphone software. You don't need your headphone for testing that.

Solution