Question Curved Gaming Monitor Assistance

May 5, 2024
Hi All

Im looking to buy a curved gaming monitor 27 inch 1080p. My budget is £160. I have looked at the following which i like.but i have no knowledge regarding specs.
This monitor is for gaming as i play fps games and open world games such as hogwarts legacy,xdefiant,cyberpunk 2077 i currently use the LG34WK650 2560x1080p 75hz which i will use for the 2nd display for productivity.

I have never played on a higher refresh rate then 75hz so its a big jump. Im looking for a monitor which is above 165hz.I dont have a 1440p graphics card at the moment but i am investing in one. Im also looking for a good quality monitor.

Any Help and recommendations would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Kind Regards

AOC GAMING C27G2E
MSI MAG 27C6F 27
MSI G27C3X
ASUS TUF GAMING VG279Q1A

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
May 5, 2024
Hi there

Thank you for your feedback.The Msi did catch my eye but the recommendation is great thank you.When i use nvidia shadowplay and obs recording the quality isnt great which is due to my system sepcs but i think its also because i have an ultrawide 1080p .will i see a difference in quality with the 1440p monitor?

I currently dont have a powerful graphics card to put out 1440p but it would be benefical as im planning on upgrading in the future. I currently have just upgraded to Ryzen 5 8600g and i have a Msi Gtx 1660 Gaming X which i will upgrade in the future.

I was told that Aoc isnt a good brand

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not actually sure on that one. Is Shadowplay fixed to the active resolution of the content, or can you choose the recording resolution?

May want to post separately about that to get some answers.

1440p monitor looks best at native, but you can always run at 1080p in the meantime.