[SOLVED] Curved or Flat Monitor?

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Hi Just wondering what is better, a Curved or Flat / Straight monitor, I'll mainly use the monitor for gaming and daily work use ive got 2 monitors in mind which are the AOC C24G1 (Curved) or the AOC 24G2U, i know both monitors are different panel types and my primary target is the AOC 24G2U IPS monitor but i just wanted to know if having a curved monitor will be good for what i use it for, Thanks!

Solution
If you have an extra wide monitor then the curve is good to keep the edges sharp.
I have a 40" monitor and wish it had a bit of a curve.
34" could probably use a curve also.
I think 24" or 27" is ok straight.
And, keep your old monitor as a side monitor.
You can angle them both without a big issue.
Apr 24, 2020
i normally dont use curved monitors but after an upgrade i did and bought the asus tuf monitor for gaming,im VERY pleased with the curve.
Of course its all in the eye of the beholder so its always best to see them up close if you can.but id vote the curved for gaming even though im not familiar with the ones you cite. just talking about the ease of usitng it in gaming imo.

Reactions: Reiv_4

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Ahh okay, i initially wanted to get an IPS (not curved) one but the one i wanted is still out of stock :( thats why i might go for the curved one that is in stock even though ghosting and high refresh will occur

DracoB0T

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
Hi Just wondering what is better, a Curved or Flat / Straight monitor, I'll mainly use the monitor for gaming and daily work use ive got 2 monitors in mind which are the AOC C24G1 (Curved) or the AOC 24G2U, i know both monitors are different panel types and my primary target is the AOC 24G2U IPS monitor but i just wanted to know if having a curved monitor will be good for what i use it for, Thanks!
Hey, in all honesty, I prefer straight monitors when playing games. To be honest, it's all down to preference, there is no advantages.

Reactions: j-lor and Reiv_4

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
I also wish that the curved monitor i sent had built in speakers cus i wouldnt be fussed if the quality was bad or not and also because i dont have spare speakers lying about :( but i'll still think about it

Reactions: j-lor

j-lor

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2013
I also wish that the curved monitor i sent had built in speakers cus i wouldnt be fussed if the quality was bad or not and also because i dont have spare speakers lying about :( but i'll still think about it

Yes, just do more research and find one you really like. That's what i did. I wanted a monitor that can do 120hz because the new gen consoles will displlay 120hz. I also read that with small monitors like that you don't need 1440p so that one should do.

Reactions: Reiv_4
If you have an extra wide monitor then the curve is good to keep the edges sharp.
I have a 40" monitor and wish it had a bit of a curve.
34" could probably use a curve also.
I think 24" or 27" is ok straight.
And, keep your old monitor as a side monitor.
You can angle them both without a big issue.

Reactions: j-lor
Solution