[SOLVED] Curved vs Flat monitor question!

Kisuke42

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2013
Hey folks,

I am planning to build a new PC and looking for a 1440 curved 144hz monitor. Also, I plan to use my old 1080 flat 60hz monitor with the new build. I will be gaming on the curved and have things like discord/youtube/browsing...etc on the flat one.

My question is, will it cause a strain or discomfort on my eyes to use a curved and flat screens side by side with different resolution?

Solution
No, it won't. In fact, it will probably be LESS eye strain since the content showing text most often will be on the screen with the lower resolution, since that means things will typically be larger. Depending on the size of the screen of course.

But lots of us have used multiple monitors with multiple resolutions, and I've never noticed or heard of anybody experiencing any abnormal or unusual eye strain from it. Nor should the curved vs flat be an issue either.
No, it won't. In fact, it will probably be LESS eye strain since the content showing text most often will be on the screen with the lower resolution, since that means things will typically be larger. Depending on the size of the screen of course.

But lots of us have used multiple monitors with multiple resolutions, and I've never noticed or heard of anybody experiencing any abnormal or unusual eye strain from it. Nor should the curved vs flat be an issue either.

Solution

Kisuke42

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2013

Thx man, cheers!

TRENDING THREADS