16 gigs ddr 4
i5-6600K 3.5 GHz
Gigabyte Z170-HD3 mobo
Corsair 750 D Obsidian series
Master Liquid cooling 240 Cooler Master
Seasonic Prime Titanium 750 w power supply

Temp Idle 26C
Underload 35C

Cooling pump: 9650 Rpm --- Connected to the CPU Fan --- Controlled by Mobo.
Cooling pump fan 1: 1260 rpm --- Connected to the System fan1 4 pins. Controlled by Mobo
Cooling pump fan 2: 1260 rpm --- Connected to the System fan2 4 pins. Controlled by Mobo

Yesterday I finished my custom build. After probably 15 minutes the entire case is vibrating and there is a humming sound coming from the top of the case where the fans of the master cooling are placed. The sound goes up then down, then up, then down. If you put the hand at my desktop you can feel the rhythm. I replaced all the stock fans that came with the case.

Someone suggested to replace the fans of the cooling system. I put some washers as well between the case with no improvement. However, when I put my hand on top back of the case and put some pressure the problem goes away. I took the cooling system down and I resembled again.

At this point I do not know what could be the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Ok, after days of troubleshooting I finally found the solution.

There were two problems causing this annoying vibration thump.
1.- Bad fans that came with the masterliquid pro 240.
2.- Both fans were plugged in into system fan 1 and 2 (4pins each) respectively.
---------------------------------------------------------
To solve the issue:
I replaced both fans and I connected both fans into system fan 1. Now, the mobo controls both fans as one and they are synchronized. As it turns out, both fans must be synchronize in order to eliminate thump vibration. This vibration got worse because the fans were not stable as well.

If anyone is having this problem:

Replace both fans and connect both fans to system fan 1. Also, make sure the...

Mikel_4

Respectable
Oct 15, 2016
Your radiator bracket isn't riveted properly or damage during shipping, either poor QC control or delivery mishandling, only skillful technician should do riveting job, but if you feel you're up to then give it a try, just to make sure you can give us video link of the rattling mostly come from with you putting some pressure on the top back.
Try use unused mouse pad, place it under motherboard's back face, redo waterblock mounting procedure if the pump wasn't firmly secure.

Ron333

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
Ok, after days of troubleshooting I finally found the solution.

There were two problems causing this annoying vibration thump.
1.- Bad fans that came with the masterliquid pro 240.
2.- Both fans were plugged in into system fan 1 and 2 (4pins each) respectively.
---------------------------------------------------------
To solve the issue:
I replaced both fans and I connected both fans into system fan 1. Now, the mobo controls both fans as one and they are synchronized. As it turns out, both fans must be synchronize in order to eliminate thump vibration. This vibration got worse because the fans were not stable as well.

If anyone is having this problem:

Replace both fans and connect both fans to system fan 1. Also, make sure the thump vibration is coming from the radiator where the fans are attached to and not the pump. If the problem is the pump then the unit is faulty.

On a side note:
If you replace the fans make sure they have the same airflow.

Solution