[SOLVED] Custom build in a unique case. Size issues

Jerry Beard

Honorable
May 11, 2015
I have a case from a dvr that I thought it might be a unique computer case. its approx. the size of a vcr. I hoping to put some extra components I have lying around into it and give it the appearance that its simply a dvr, but add wireless keyboard and mouse, so I could, if needed use it as a computer, but mainly stream our online services, and youtube.. now the issue.. Power supply I have, I am not sure if it will fit. also I only lack cpu and heat sink. (and potentially another video card). I was wondering about suggestions for low profile heat sink and possibly video card.. and maybe power supply if I can't make it fit. its a motherboard from a dell xps 8300 thanks for any ideas. also can I just somehow use the power button from the dvr,

Solution
If you have the money then perhaps you could look at an Intel NUC.

looking at coolers, you probably need low profile like.
Noctua NH-L9x65 Lower Profile Multi Socket CPU Cooler

look for low profile GPU
MSI GeForce GT 1030 Low Profile
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 OC 2GB Low Profile

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
If you have the money then perhaps you could look at an Intel NUC.

looking at coolers, you probably need low profile like.
Noctua NH-L9x65 Lower Profile Multi Socket CPU Cooler

look for low profile GPU
MSI GeForce GT 1030 Low Profile
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 OC 2GB Low Profile

Solution

Jerry Beard

Honorable
May 11, 2015

thank you,, won't be using the nuc, but the Cooler and video card seem like great options. Its just a "for fun / recycling" project for me, and I already have motherboard, memory, hdd and power supply (although I might have to find a smaller power supply)

Jerry Beard

Honorable
May 11, 2015

The thing is .. this is just a project for fun, using what I have around. I have the DVR, HDD Motherboard, Memory chips. I just want to see if I can combine this and make something

Jerry Beard

Honorable
May 11, 2015

Probably in the top too.(where ever the heat sink ends up at) gotta find my tools in order to even get into the case.. ( I really should get organised )