[SOLVED] Custom cable sleeving

obi1kenobi

Great
Jan 13, 2019
Hi all

Please can someone tell me the difference between custom cable sleeves and a cable extension kit like the phanteks One?

Is the extension kit basically unplugging all the cables I:e your motherboard,graphics card etc. Hiding them at the back and adding the extension kit for colour?Or do they go directly into the Psu?Does it effect voltage or anything like that?I no it’s just for cosmetic purposes but I hate the black

Solution
Replacement cables eliminate your 'stock' PSU cables - but need the PSU to be fully modular (all cables can be removed) and require specific, compatible cables.

Extensions 'extend' your stock cables - and are compatible with any modern PSU.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Replacement cables eliminate your 'stock' PSU cables - but need the PSU to be fully modular (all cables can be removed) and require specific, compatible cables.

Extensions 'extend' your stock cables - and are compatible with any modern PSU.

Solution

obi1kenobi

Great
Jan 13, 2019
Do you get a fan extention kit aswell i have the Corsair LL120mm Fans?

Will The Bitfenix BFA-MSC-4ATX45BK-RP alchemy multisleeved(4) cable - 45cm - 4pin ATX psu-mb extension cable Be suitable?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I'm sure they exist, but they're not included with most replacement "kits".

The kit you mention appears to just be an EPS (CPU power) extension.

What are you system specs? There are kits that'll provide EPS (CPU), 24pin ATX (MB) and either 6, 6+2 or 8 pin (for GPU) or some combination of....

obi1kenobi

Great
Jan 13, 2019
I'm sure they exist, but they're not included with most replacement "kits".

The kit you mention appears to just be an EPS (CPU power) extension.

What are you system specs? There are kits that'll provide EPS (CPU), 24pin ATX (MB) and either 6, 6+2 or 8 pin (for GPU) or some combination of....
I had a look around online for extension kits and none of them are eligible for the Corsair LL Fans the fans.Yes you are 100% it’s 6+2 for the (GPU) I did however find the Custom extension kit it is made by Phanteks. It has
  • 1x Motherboard 24 Pin Extension
  • 1x CPU 8 (4+4) Pin Extension
  • 2x PCI-E 8 (6+2) Pin Extension
I found a Corsair front panel extension kit aswell which has:
2x 2-pin I/O Extension Cable
1x USB 3.0
1x USB 2.0
1x HD Audio Extension Cable

Would My pc run into problems by disconnecting those or are they plug and play cables(The Front Panel)

Asus B450 Plus
Amd ryzen 2700x(OC)
32 gb G.Skill Tridentz
Superflower 750w platinum
ROG Strix RX VEGA64 OC edition x2

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Many stock cables are long enough to be pushing the limits of resistance to amperage to voltage drops due to using the smallest guage wire possible. By lengthening the wires with extensions, resistance goes up, amperage draw goes up, voltage goes down. Basically the wire gets hotter, connections get hotter, and if your 12v is on the edge of low, you can have issues.

Honestly, if you want custom sleeves, it's not that hard to do, do it yourself. Just takes some time and patience, and plenty of common sense.