Custom Computer - Motherboard seems to not be getting power >

7daytheory

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Hi all,

I am totally new to building computers, i've worked with them. I work as a programmer and understand how they communicate with each other and setting up servers, but im having issues building a computer.

So first off my issue is when I try to turn on the power just a red light on the motherboard comes on (power) and one green(reset).

Motherboard Asus X99-A
Power Source: Cooler Master 750V
Heatsink: Cooler Master V8 GT5 (not installed currently)
CPU: Intel i7-5820k
Memory: 2x 8GB Ripjaws
Graphics Card: GEFORCE GT 730 (temporary waiting on NVidia GTX 1060 to arrive)
HD : 1TB Hard Drive
Display: None for now but got a 28' curved samsung :)

Ive put the cpu in correctly, have not installed heatsink yet. Power Source is screwed in and has the 2 power cords connecting on the motherboard (3 spots on the power source) , installed the ram, installed the Graphics Card. Put in all the Power, Reset etc pins, USB 3, and HD Audio connectors. Hard Drive was put in and screwed in and the 2 cords were connected, one to the motherboard and one to the power.

Tried to cover all Ive installed to see where I messed up or did some "noob" mistake.

https://postimg.org/image/igsf65gen/

Any ideas? Asus has asked me to check pins, get new power source, get new Graphics Card(which im getting) but it should at least turn on and some of the fans spin or w.e

7daytheory

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016

Of course. Had the heatsink on before but took it off to check cpu. Need more thermal paste.

And I hit the powerbutton and it just kind of clicks