Custom Cooling: Deepcool's Dracula And Arctic's Accelero Xtreme

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cleeve

Illustrious
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]The graphs are pointless if they do not start at a zero point. [/citation]

95% of the time I'd agree with you, but decibels are their own thing.

The ambient noise in the lab is about 40 to 41 dB, that's very quiet. For all intents and purposes you can consider it zero in this case.

callsme

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
[citation][nom]andle riddum[/nom]One warning to prospective buyers of Arctic products, their fans are really junk. I have/had S1 with turbo module, twin turbo, twin turbo PRO...and the fans failed within 1 year or so. Now I have normal fans zip tied, not pretty[/citation]

Man, come on. I do not believe that all ARCTIC's product are vulnerable. You may unfortunately receive a bad product. My Freezer 7 Pro rev.2 works well for almost 4 years. Besides, ARCTIC offer 6 years warranty for the coolers. If every product from ARCTIC was not working in a short period, ARCTIC might be crash down by the RMA requests. How could this be possible?

donuts_31

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Well, I am considering that whether ARCTIC will release a liquid cooler for CPU. I am using Accelero Hybrid to cooler my Palit GTX570. It works great. The temperature has never pass 65 ℃. I still have a lot of space to overclock further. I will buy a new CPU cooler once a liquid cooler from ARCTIC is available.

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]andle riddum[/nom]One warning to prospective buyers of Arctic products, their fans are really junk. I have/had S1 with turbo module, twin turbo, twin turbo PRO...and the fans failed within 1 year or so. Now I have normal fans zip tied, not pretty[/citation]
i have had S1 and S2, i used those aftermarket vantek twin fan slot coolers they've been getting the job done on low to medium speed for over 5 years.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835888112

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]OC most silicon chips, and they will lose efficiency.[/citation]
yes and take the heat they produce and blow it back directly at them. these cooling solutions are piss poor.
i'd sooner install a furnace to heat my pc up than use these.
give me fresh cool air intake and external exhaust or don't even bother trying.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]yes and take the heat they produce and blow it back directly at them. these cooling solutions are piss poor.i'd sooner install a furnace to heat my pc up than use these.give me fresh cool air intake and external exhaust or don't even bother trying.[/citation]

They pull a lot of heat away from the GPU. Simply having a case with proper ventilation will solve the admittedly bothersome lack of blowing the air outside on its own well enough. I'd prefer that it exhausted the air by itself, but it is still an excellent cooler, albeit one that should be used only in cases that have proper ventilation for it.

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
I love AC products. I haven't tried a gpu cooler yet but their cpu coolers have always worked great and been reasonably priced. I'd take AC over Zalman, any day. I don't need to pay extra to impress morons who love over-hyped junk!

army_ant7

Distinguished
May 31, 2009

That Sandia seemed pretty awesome but some concerns were voiced out in the forums of a news article about that here that made it seem like it would be unlikely to show up in the consumer market. Let me put it this way, your fingers may explode. Hehe... :p

[citation][nom]sephmeister[/nom]What's the point of blowing an extra 80 on this and voiding your warranty? The Gigabyte versions are usually some of the most affordable versions anyways and come with coolers nearly identical to these...[/citation]

BUT the Gigabytes are voltage locked... Yay fail!

[citation][nom]NeatOman[/nom]I always do a test with stock coolers performance with high quality thermal paste, sometimes that makes a 10+ Celsius difference in temperature at full load. I'm certain that the stock cooler can out preform the antic offering with a simple change in thermal paste.[/citation]

Agreed. Got an HD7950 down 7-10C just by changing out the stock paste(that was applied horribly if I might add).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS