Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: GALAX GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB 1 click OC LHR Video Card
Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: NZXT C 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 27.0" 2560x1440 170 Hz Monitor

Apart from above list I also am getting:
Corsair Hydro X Series iCUE XH303i RGB Custom Cooling Kit
https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categ...atible/XH-Custom-Cooling-Kits/p/CX-9070004-WW
Along with additional 7 LL120 Fans.

I am building my 1st ever build and have watched many youtube videos and have done my fair bit of research but please bear with me if these are noob questions. Now my questions are following:

1. My power supply comes with 2 4+4-pin CPU power slots/connections while my motherboard has 8+4 pin requirement. What is the best way to go about it? (Except changing my power supply as I got products from a retailer in a city far away from my place. Return/exchange not available)
  2. My cooling kit contains Pump/Res combo, radiator & cpu block. Now I am wondering what connection will go in CPU_Fan connector on motherboard.
  3. Can I control all my 10 fans (3 SP120 RGB PRO + 6 Corsair LL120 RGB + 1 Cooler Master MF120 S3 ARGB) using the single corsair commander pro? I will have 2 Lighting Node PRO with me as well.
I am going to mount the radiator with 3 SP120 fans & 2 default nonrgb fans(which I got with the case) on top.
3 LL120 will go on front
3 LL120 will go on side on motherboard
& 1 Cooler master MF120 will go in rear exhaust.
I hope this is the best way to configure all I have.

Looking forward towards your suggestions!

Solution
  1. My power supply comes with 2 4+4-pin CPU power slots/connections while my motherboard has 8+4 pin requirement. What is the best way to go about it? (Except changing my power supply as I got products from a retailer in a city far away from my place. Return/exchange not available)
no issue. 1nd 4+4=8 pin, 2nd you only plug in one of the 4+4 into the 4pin slot. or you don't. it's not really necessary

My cooling kit contains Pump/Res combo, radiator & cpu block. Now I am wondering what connection will go in CPU_Fan connector on motherboard

you connect the pump to a pump/fan header, the radiator fans to the CPU_fan header

I suggest you buy some 45°/90° fittings as well. the included straight fittings are...
no issue. 1nd 4+4=8 pin, 2nd you only plug in one of the 4+4 into the 4pin slot. or you don't. it's not really necessary

My cooling kit contains Pump/Res combo, radiator & cpu block. Now I am wondering what connection will go in CPU_Fan connector on motherboard

you connect the pump to a pump/fan header, the radiator fans to the CPU_fan header

I suggest you buy some 45°/90° fittings as well. the included straight fittings are nice but tbh pretty useless. angled fittings make building way easier.

your fan setup is distinctive overkill.

Solution

stuffsneak

Prominent
Aug 20, 2021

I suggest you buy some 45°/90° fittings as well. the included straight fittings are nice but tbh pretty useless. angled fittings make building way easier.

your fan setup is distinctive overkill.
Thank you for the feedback.

I think the kit comes with 2 90deg fittings as well. I will see if I can grab some more. They are hella expensive.

Yeah I know the fans are too much however I just need them for aesthetics really and not much for cooling.

Well I was going to control all fans with the commander pro.. If I connect it in the cpufan then will I be able to use the icue software to control RGB?

I think the kit comes with 2 90deg fittings as well. I will see if I can grab some more. They are hella expensive.

Yeah I know the fans are too much however I just need them for aesthetics really and not much for cooling.

Well I was going to control all fans with the commander pro.. If I connect it in the cpufan then will I be able to use the icue software to control RGB?
Here is a better advise.
3 LL in the front
1 LL at the back
3 SP at the top
Forget about the CM Fan and store the two LL fans safely.

You gonna have 2(will have at-least 1 which comes with 3xLL package) of those Hubs each if I am not wrong and possibly one additional Commander Pro. Enough to connect all the Fans.

On the side of the Motherboard you will be installing the reservoir and the tubing.

Radiator goes at the Top with ports to the front.

That being hard Tube. Be extra careful while bending and cutting. Measure 10 times and then bend and cut ones. Because even though tubes are not expensive the build time for waiting to get new ones if something goes wrong gonna add up. Or better order some extra acrylic or petg tubes beforehand. Not expensive to do so.

Plan your loop well.

Be careful with the Burner.

Recommendation for coolant is to use Koolance.

If you have any other doubt feel free to ask.

stuffsneak

Prominent
Aug 20, 2021
Here is a better advise.
3 LL in the front
1 LL at the back
3 SP at the top
Forget about the CM Fan and store the two LL fans safely.

You gonna have 2(will have at-least 1 which comes with 3xLL package) of those Hubs each if I am not wrong and possibly one additional Commander Pro. Enough to connect all the Fans.

On the side of the Motherboard you will be installing the reservoir and the tubing.

Radiator goes at the Top with ports to the front.

That being hard Tube. Be extra careful while bending and cutting. Measure 10 times and then bend and cut ones. Because even though tubes are not expensive the build time for waiting to get new ones if something goes wrong gonna add up. Or better order some extra acrylic or petg tubes beforehand. Not expensive to do so.

Plan your loop well.

Be careful with the Burner.

Recommendation for coolant is to use Koolance.

If you have any other doubt feel free to ask.

Actually I am kinda guy who is not really going to touch/modify the setup for years unless there is a strong reason to do se (Except for cleaning etc.). I have had my current Asus ROG gl551jx for more than 10 years. So I need to do whatever max possible I have to at this build time only. If I keep those fans aside, they are just going to be accumulating dust for years. Is it by any means bad if we have more fans in build than required?

Or another idea, I will do radiator with 3 SP on top, 3 LL in front, 2 LL near motherboard on upper side and at bottom I will fit the pump/res combo & remaining 1 LL at back. I will forget about the CM fan.

I think I will have 2 lightening Node Pros & 1 Commander pro with me which should be enough for all fans I think.

I will definitely take my time with the tubing. The 2 90deg fittings will definitely help. I will try to grab some more. The problem here in India is I can not find the tubes/fittings locally. Even online I could find only 1 site who sells these custom cooling accessories such as tubes/fittings and they cost like 25+$ each for 3 tubes/4 normal fittings/2 90deg fittings.
Hence I bought the kit which includes everything which costed like 470+$

Actually I am kinda guy who is not really going to touch/modify the setup for years unless there is a strong reason to do se (Except for cleaning etc.). I have had my current Asus ROG gl551jx for more than 10 years. So I need to do whatever max possible I have to at this build time only. If I keep those fans aside, they are just going to be accumulating dust for years. Is it by any means bad if we have more fans in build than required?

Or another idea, I will do radiator with 3 SP on top, 3 LL in front, 2 LL near motherboard on upper side and at bottom I will fit the pump/res combo & remaining 1 LL at back. I will forget about the CM fan.

I think I will have 2 lightening Node Pros & 1 Commander pro with me which should be enough for all fans I think.

I will definitely take my time with the tubing. The 2 90deg fittings will definitely help. I will try to grab some more. The problem here in India is I can not find the tubes/fittings locally. Even online I could find only 1 site who sells these custom cooling accessories such as tubes/fittings and they cost like 25+$ each for 3 tubes/4 normal fittings/2 90deg fittings.
Hence I bought the kit which includes everything which costed like 470+$
I am from India. I have doing water-cooling since 2011. Started hard tubing in 2012. The one brand I rely for CPU blocks, GPU blocks, Radiators, Reservoir Pumps, Fittings is on EKWB I do directly order from them it takes longer to get delivered but I do plan it ahead and take time to do it perfectly. And as you want to have it unmoved for long term the coolant plays important role so I always recommend Koolance coolants as they long last without any bio growth or cause any kind of corrosion to the metal parts. Not 10Yrs but that coolant is good to go for 3-5Yrs. After that replace it. So in Total you will only have to change the coolant 1-2times over a decade which is really good.

See the Reservoir and Pump combo gonna be mounted to where the Fans are and then the Tubing from it be running along that area as well. Even if you manage to install fans there it is gonna be restricted to some extent. Better use that space to run Fill port to the back or drain port to the bottom.

If you already purchased the Corsair Water cooling fittings then it is fine we can make it do with what we have. But if you are still in planning stage then we can look into EKWB offerings and plan a suitable and well planned loop. If you already purchased the Corsair components do let me know. Will see what I can put up with that.

stuffsneak

Prominent
Aug 20, 2021
I am from India. I have doing water-cooling since 2011. Started hard tubing in 2012. The one brand I rely for CPU blocks, GPU blocks, Radiators, Reservoir Pumps, Fittings is on EKWB I do directly order from them it takes longer to get delivered but I do plan it ahead and take time to do it perfectly. And as you want to have it unmoved for long term the coolant plays important role so I always recommend Koolance coolants as they long last without any bio growth or cause any kind of corrosion to the metal parts. Not 10Yrs but that coolant is good to go for 3-5Yrs. After that replace it. So in Total you will only have to change the coolant 1-2times over a decade which is really good.

See the Reservoir and Pump combo gonna be mounted to where the Fans are and then the Tubing from it be running along that area as well. Even if you manage to install fans there it is gonna be restricted to some extent. Better use that space to run Fill port to the back or drain port to the bottom.

If you already purchased the Corsair Water cooling fittings then it is fine we can make it do with what we have. But if you are still in planning stage then we can look into EKWB offerings and plan a suitable and well planned loop. If you already purchased the Corsair components do let me know. Will see what I can put up with that.
Thanks for the feedback. I have DMed you with the info. Unfortunately I already have ordered Corsair kit and it is currently in transit. And I don't think it is possible to return it so we have to use this.

I checked for Koolance. From where we can source it in India? I am from Karad, Maharashtra for your reference as you are also from India.

Also EKWB components are very costly than corsair hence I went with Corsair. This whole water cooling idea is already overbudget for me hence all the thinking I am doing.

Do you have any direct contacts with EKWB or something XD

Thanks for the feedback. I have DMed you with the info. Unfortunately I already have ordered Corsair kit and it is currently in transit. And I don't think it is possible to return it so we have to use this.

I checked for Koolance. From where we can source it in India? I am from Karad, Maharashtra for your reference as you are also from India.

Also EKWB components are very costly than corsair hence I went with Corsair. This whole water cooling idea is already overbudget for me hence all the thinking I am doing.

Do you have any direct contacts with EKWB or something XD
Okay as you are limited on budget. Then use regular Distilled water. Koolance liquid coolant gonna be very expensive for you.

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
if you are on a budget, check gear on aliexpress. the brands to search for are bykski and barrow
check for reputable shops with lots of reviews.

as for the coolant, just mix ethylene glycol with distilled water. Ethylene glycol is used in certain car cooling fluids. just check the warnings about the poison, if it says Ethylene Glycols it's the right stuff

moreover the car stuff has additive in it that keep the metal shiny and inhibits corrosion.

Ethylene Glycol is what is used by most brands of watercooling gear. they are happy to sell this pre-mixed with a 1000% profit.
it kills all forms of life.

carefull : ethylene glycol is highly toxic and has a sweet taste, so if you have pets or young kids be carefull. keep the rags used for your WC work separate and clean them separately from the other clothing.

stuffsneak

Prominent
Aug 20, 2021
Okay as you are limited on budget. Then use regular Distilled water. Koolance liquid coolant gonna be very expensive for you.
if you are on a budget, check gear on aliexpress. the brands to search for are bykski and barrow
check for reputable shops with lots of reviews.

as for the coolant, just mix ethylene glycol with distilled water. Ethylene glycol is used in certain car cooling fluids. just check the warnings about the poison, if it says Ethylene Glycols it's the right stuff

moreover the car stuff has additive in it that keep the metal shiny and inhibits corrosion.

Ethylene Glycol is what is used by most brands of watercooling gear. they are happy to sell this pre-mixed with a 1000% profit.
it kills all forms of life.

carefull : ethylene glycol is highly toxic and has a sweet taste, so if you have pets or young kids be carefull. keep the rags used for your WC work separate and clean them separately from the other clothing.

Thank you for your feedbacks.

Actually I am just going to use the "clear XL5 Performance Coolant" which comes in the Corsair cooling kit I have ordered.

Description:
Includes one liter of clear XL5 Performance Coolant to keep your loop running clean and cool, pre-mixed with anti-corrosion and anti-bacterial inhibitors.

Thank you for your feedbacks.

Actually I am just going to use the "clear XL5 Performance Coolant" which comes in the Corsair cooling kit I have ordered.

Description:
Includes one liter of clear XL5 Performance Coolant to keep your loop running clean and cool, pre-mixed with anti-corrosion and anti-bacterial inhibitors.
Yeah it is decent. Use that. It should be enough to fill that small loop.

stuffsneak

Prominent
Aug 20, 2021
Hello,

I have another question. Before Iput in all my custom loops, I want to check if my PC boots. So I will just connect the Motherboard, cpu, rams, RTX 3070, nvme & power switch outside the case & check with monitor if I boot.

Now problem here is I do not have a spare CPU cooler as I have gone for full custom loop.

I it fine if I just check this without using any cpu cooler? I just want to go into bios and check if my hardware is detected and then I will just shut it off. shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

Or do I need to buy a separate cheap cpu cooler?